Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Traben Chaos

I hate it when ebay sellers do this ! Surely it must be in contravention of Ebay rules. (At least it wasn't previously owned by Mr. Z !)

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRABEN-CHAOS-LIMITED-BASS-GUITAR-PLUS-FLIGHTCASE_W0QQitemZ200336555365QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item200336555365&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A3%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRABEN-CHAOS-LIMITED...A1%7C240%3A1318[/url]

Huh. Whatever you do don't bother contacting the seller. I've done it a couple of times, advised the seller of factual inaccuracies (that conveniently work in their favour, although I didn't mention that) and got told in no uncertain terms to f*ck off and mind my own business.

No point contacting eBay about it, of course, as they rarely get around to anything before the auction ends. I don't think they give a sh*t that it's artificially driving up the market, because ultimately they take a percentage cut.

A guy a while back, selling a used, dented Squier VM Fretless as a "discontinued Jaco Pastorius signature model" (and charging more than the new price for it), I contacted him about it and he was all like "how dare you imply that I'm a liar" and stuff. And some poor mug actually bought it.

Oh yeah, not to mention some guy a few months ago, I came across a listing for a cheapo explorer copy that I refinished and fitted with EMGs and sold for a few hundred a while back, this guy had bought it off the guy I sold it to and listed it as a "unique hand-made guitar" and charging twice the cash for it. And some poor mug bought that one, too.

Highlights the benefits of our basses for sale forum for both buyers and sellers ! On a personal level I'd much rather drive 150 miles to deal with a fellow BC'er as I'd definitely have more faith in the fact that the bass I was buying was genuine and as described and as a seller, I would want the buyer to be completely happy with their purchase before handing over their hard earned cash.

[quote name='edstraker123' post='475048' date='Apr 29 2009, 01:25 PM']Highlights the benefits of our basses for sale forum for both buyers and sellers ! On a personal level I'd much rather drive 150 miles to deal with a fellow BC'er as I'd definitely have more faith in the fact that the bass I was buying was genuine and as described and as a seller, I would want the buyer to be completely happy with their purchase before handing over their hard earned cash.[/quote]

MB1. :)
+1.....Have done this previously!

[quote name='maxrossell' post='475018' date='Apr 29 2009, 01:10 PM']No point contacting eBay about it, of course, as they rarely get around to anything before the auction ends. I don't think they give a sh*t that it's artificially driving up the market, because ultimately they take a percentage cut.[/quote]

Maybe you are wrong. Did you try reporting it? Its not been withdrawn by them, as the listing stays, I tihnk. I report any stuff I see thats dodge if I have the minutes (which I do if I'm bumming about on Ebay), the more stuff they get reported, the less time they have to remove the things I want to buy.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='476206' date='Apr 30 2009, 05:25 PM']Maybe you are wrong. Did you try reporting it? Its not been withdrawn by them, as the listing stays, I tihnk. I report any stuff I see thats dodge if I have the minutes (which I do if I'm bumming about on Ebay), the more stuff they get reported, the less time they have to remove the things I want to buy.[/quote]

I must have reported two or three dozen fraudulent items since I started using eBay, some for listings that contained blatant and obviously deliberate inaccuracies, some for items that were just bad copies advertised as the real thing. Every time I've received the standard form letter from them, but the items always stayed up, and more often than not some poor sod bought them.

Special mention for a guy selling what he claimed was a Gibson Les Paul Zakk Wylde Camo Bullseye. The headstock was the wrong shape, the block inlays on the neck were uneven, and the bullseye was off-centre on the guitar. It almost looked like someone had gone out of their way to deliberately cock up making it. God knows whether it even worked. I told eBay, they did nothing, and some poor sap paid £350 for it, probably thinking he'd got the deal of the century. Unbelievable.