Why become a member? ×

1987 MIA Peavey Fury. Price reduced again to £150!

solo4652

Hi,

Big day this...

My tonetastic 1987 MIA Peavey Fury is for sale - see photos.

[attachment=24516:006.JPG]

[attachment=24515:005.JPG]

[attachment=24517:007.JPG]

[attachment=24514:004.JPG]

Made in America. I've sent the headstock number to Peavey and they confirm that it "was shipped from Meridian Mississippi where it was made on 24th July 1987". It's completely unmolested and is totally original throughout. In excellent condition - just had a full set-up done and new Hartke lights. There is hardly any damage - 1 or 2 very minor marks here and there and some slight buckle rash - nothing that breaks the paint surface, and certainly nothing that affects the tone, looks or playability.

The tone is wonderful: piano-like clarity throughout the tonal range. The tone knob actually does something, and you can get from P-thump (but without the mudiness) right through to bright attack. It matches my G&L Tribute for jazz sounds, but the G&L probably beats it for deep chocolate thump. My bass tutor rated the Fury on par with his Highway 1 Jazz.

I'm reluctantly selling this beauty because I have big hands, and I'm struggling to play the Fury's j-neck after the broad open spaces of my G&L's neck. Shame, really - I just love the tone on it. *Sigh*

It comes with a basic gig-bag, spare strings and my best wishes - if you like your Jazzes, you'll love this. You're welcome to come round for a cuppa, a chat and a try-out - not a problem at all.

It cost me a mere £220 6 months ago, and I'd like to get most of that back if possible. Will post, but would really prefer to hand it over in person.

Come and have a look, before I change my mind and keep it...

Steve

Edited by solo4652

Thank you!

I've just replaced the Tokai with another P-bass, which is why the Peavey is now surplus to requirements. Why can't I find a P-bass that sounds like the Peavey - that would be the great!

Steve

Here are the Harmony Central reviews. Mine has the split-coil pup, not the single slanted one, by the way.

[url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/Peavey/Fury+Bass/10/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews.../Fury+Bass/10/1[/url]

Open to sensible offers around £200...

In terms of neck-width (38mm at the nut), it's very much a J. That's what I'm struggling with, nothing else. The body shape is somewhere between a P and J.

In terms of tone, it's more like a J than a P, despite the pup it has. Roll off the tone fully, and you still have piano-like clarity without any of the muddy thump you can get with P's. Tone full-on produces a modern, very bright, clanky (!?) tone for playing stuff by Blink 182. It's more versatile than my p-bass, with clearer tones throughout the spectrum. Lovely sounding thing.

Why don't you come and have a go for yourself?!

Steve

I was in Stockport yesterday too! But alas, I have just spent my pennies on a Peavey T-40 and for some reason I don't like red basses with white scratchplates. Probably something to do with Hank Marvin. I'm a Peavey convert now though, probably the most underrated bargainous basses of all time!

I'd be open to trades for:

Highway One Precision
Mark Hoppus (the "Jazz" bass with the P neck, not Mark Hoppus himself...)
MIJ/CIJ Precision
MIA Precision
Musicman SUB4

with appropriate cash adjustment.

Come on folks, help me out here, please.

• 2 weeks later...