Why become a member? ×

Sire Jazz replacement machine heads

SICbass

Hi All,

I‘m on tour and opened my case yesterday, only to discover that one of the machine heads is broken off of my Marcus Miller V7 Alder-4 AWH (2015). Thomann need 10 working days to send replacement parts.

My question: does anyone know if normal Fender or other parts would fit on a Sire Jazz or would that require extra drilling?

Cheers,

Paul

Thank you Fretmeister. I realise that, I was just considering buying the parts asap and then fitting them quickly ‘cos I’m on the road. I am reluctant to disassemble the bass just to measure it because it still functions at the minute and I have to have something to work with.

There's a big thread abour Sire upgrades on TB, I don't think there's any drop in replacements which is a shame. When I put Schallers on mine I had to drill two new holes per tuner (I think, was a while ago) however these are covered by the baseplate so aren't visible. Even if you put the stock ones back on theres no visible holes.

• Thanks 1