Why become a member? ×

The 40th Gold Squire jazz is just amazing.

bubinga5

I bought this recently because i will always be a jazz bass player at heart and wanted a back up..

This bass has totally blown me away. Ive had some really high end jazz basses from Suhr to Atelier Z to blah blah.  I stinky poo you not this is up there. This bass through an Aguilar 212 and Eden 500 is just... 

20230325_083757.jpg

Edited by bubinga5
  • Like 16

• bubinga5 changed the title to The 40th Gold Squire jazz is just amazing.
48 minutes ago, bubinga5 said:

I bought this recently because i will always be a jazz bass player at heart and wanted a back up..

This bass has totally blown me away. Ive had some really high end jazz basses from Suhr to Atelier Z to blah blah.  I stinky poo you not this is up there. This bass through an Aguilar 212 and Eden 500 is just... 

20230325_083757.jpg

I'm not really a Jazz man but these are very tempting... I've got a Squier Bass VI some and some Precisions (and another on the way) and they are RIDICULOUSLY good instruments for the price.

• Like 1

On 25/03/2023 at 19:53, bubinga5 said:

20230325_083757.jpg

It certainly looks the biz. Any idea of the weight roughly?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bubinga5 said:

Mine is 9.4 pounds. 

A nice weight. I retired from playing a number of years ago. Indeed I sold everything and lost interest in playing. Yet, I am a regular visitor on here, keeping pace with the latest gear. It is incredible the vfm that is available. That these compare so well with the high end basses you mention, is wonderfull both for players starting out and for players wanting a very a solid instrument.

Then again, some years ago I picked up a Sire and was floored by the quality. At the time I was gigging a Sadowsky NYC. 

• Like 1