Why become a member? ×

Heard the song a thousand times but never really heard the bassline?

Beedster

16 minutes ago, squire5 said:

I use one of of those Echo Show thingies and find that it enhances basslines very much.One bassline I'd not much noticed before was that of 'Do You Really Want to Hurt me?' by Culture Club.Seriously good.

That’s a good one, I’ve played that quite a few times, mikey Craig is a great player, another one i like is this 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Waddo Soqable said:

DJ.. "what's this one again? “....

PT..."no idea man".... 

IMG_20230508_102053.jpg

To be fair. Tork was actually quite an accomplished musician on the Greenwich Village scene. He'd worked with Pete Seeger and heard about the casting for the Monkees from Stephen Stills (who'd been rejected for a part)

1 hour ago, MrCrane said:

To be fair. Tork was actually quite an accomplished musician on the Greenwich Village scene. He'd worked with Pete Seeger and heard about the casting for the Monkees from Stephen Stills (who'd been rejected for a part)

According to what I read, if they assigned roles in the Monkees on musical ability among the four, it'd be Tork.. Guitar,  Nesmith.. Bass,  Jones... Drums,  Dolenz.. Lead singer

It seems Tork and Nesmith were both fairly competent players previously, I guess the criticism comes from the fact they were auditioned & assembled for the series, rather than came into being like a "real" band. 

You can't argue with their success at the end of the day😁