Why become a member? ×

How was Your rehearsal last morning or night ?

nilorius

31 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Just got in from a Spacewasters rehearsal, going through 3 songs for recording tomorrow. Used my fave Precision as figure best to record with the instrument you play best. Went well, all sounding good. Then we get the call that it’s had to get cancelled due to the engineer having a family problem. Shame but we’ll reschedule.

Edit - I should also point out that a full scale bass (both weight & size) really isn’t the right choice for me now, and although my Precision is my fave bass in all honesty my Mustangs suit the sound of the band better. 

So.....what will You choose on next rehearsal - precision or mustang ?

12 hours ago, Gasman said:

Last night's rehearsal for my band Mustang Sally was in a beautifully restored Victorian village schoolroom in the middle of nowhere, use of kitchen, sparkly bogs and a flat load in and out - it even has acoustic panels on the ceiling, so a good sound too - it made me feel good even before unpacking the bass.

I used the Roland Cube 100 combo and took along the new Talman shorty 5-string for a change. Three new numbers (Footloose, Maneater (me on sax) and Money for nothing). All went well until our lady singist said she didn't feel right fronting the last of these, not able to phrase the words laconically enough, and a bit low for her too. I stood next to her and sang along with her to try and help her fit the words in - big mistake! I suddenly found myself catapulted into the lead vocalist slot for this number by popular acclaim having successfully avoided it by shoe-gazing whenever this 'opportunity' had arisen before...

What a fool I am... have pity on me!

"No, it goes like this..."  Yes, I've fallen foul of that one too! 😃

• Like 1

Back into rehearsals last night.  We haven't gigged since January as our singist was made redundant and he's been spending his time trying to find a job.

Fortunately he's all squared away now, so we're back into it.

We travel light for rehearsals, monitors and my Orange Crush. I took my my Fender Mike Dirnt roadworn and the Ibanez mandolin.

Did about two hours, tightening up in a few new songs were doing and dusting off some old ones we hadn't done in a while. Went OK.  

Edited by Bassfinger
  • Like 3

Back into rehearsals today and managed to find a combination of settings on the Elf (gain at 9 o'clock, volume virtually maxed at one point) that, combined with turning it off during breaks to give the fan a break, meant I got through rehearsal with only one minor blip, so on that front I was pretty pleased.

Singist and I are getting pissed off at others not doing their homework. We've had three rehearsals trying Common People and, despite it not being a complicated song, we just can't get the ending right because our keyboardist has so many different versions of the song on his keyboard that we never know which one he's going to bust out.

At least Club Foot and Two Tribes are sounding pretty epic, and hopefully the latter will make an appearance at the next gig in a couple of weeks - not sure the WMC scene is ready for Club Foot yet! We might get Boys Don't Cry in there as well, which would make three new songs, which would be nice.

• Like 2

Decided to take my Revelation PJ tonight in lieu of my Dingwall on account of running a bit late and this is the bass that lives in the case until I swap it out. It was surprisingly fun with this one. Even the 105-45 strings going down to drop C wasn't terrible. Less muting to worry about overall, but there are some phrases I find easier on the fan frets. I'm also starting to wonder if I prefer a gloss neck to a satin one... Seems like madness, but my EB3 was gloss, so is my Mustang and Revelation, and my recent Harley Benton LP is also gloss. Doesn't seem to hamper me in any way. 

PXL_20220524_113826592.thumb.jpg.0df45f7afe8b1b005760b4d34eb23f0b.jpg

• Like 2

My yesterday rehearsal in a new band was critical. The band was death metal, all tattued with satanistic signs, very young age. I thought i would be killed after the rehearsal and all my gear will be taken away. They all drunk 40% balm like coca cola. Finally i got up and said that nothing will continue and got home. Really felt very bad.

• Sad 2