Why become a member? ×

Just a little story about a continuing journey.

leschirons

A few years ago (about 5 I think) I bought, what was later to be called the "Frankenbass" from a BC member (Bloop dad) A superb vision of creativity and feat of engineering resulting from, (if I remember correctly) a vehicle / double bass related issue.

I had bought it with a view to learning but also as a bit of a quirky statement. I loved it although It seemed at the time that not many others shared my enthusiasm.

Fast forward a couple of years and it was usually then described as my "art installation"  In 2021, after settling back in the UK in Norfolk, I decided to sell it as I had a further two EUBs and so, it was sold via Facebook to a lovely young lady called Sophie who weighed approximately half of the weight of the Frankenbass and who also loved and "got the quirkiness"  Was it doomed to be forever a conversation piece?   No it wasn't.

Attached are a few pics.  Ranging from my purchase, a first live gig with the new owner, to getting tried out by an old pal of hers (yes, it really is him) and the new make over to give it a more modern appearance

and now being played live at least once on a weekly basis. Sorry to bore you all but I just love it when things, particularly instruments which seemed to have stalled, get the chance to continue their journey.

Link added.

https://www.facebook.com/703000065/videos/6070260493013146/

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by leschirons
  • Like 7

Just now, Waddo Soqable said:

Interesting, I was toying with the idea of making a DB of some kind, as I certainly couldn't afford to buy one! 

From memory, the only thing that survived the accident was the neck. The framework I recall, was created by the owner and his Dad.  It worked, and funnily enough, sounded like a double bass.

• Like 1