Why become a member? ×

Lacking Motivation

Happy Jack

Stumbled across this, and was genuinely tempted.

https://www.seetickets.com/event/the-steve-hillage-band/o2-forum-kentish-town/2395747?fbclid=IwAR248tnd4X-AiTgQA_O8mccF6PHF6RkLrX0omcpDVh2iU_stA0UC94yAwAA

I have vivid (if somewhat stoned) memories of the 1977 Rainbow gig, including the journey there on the tube for some reason. Motivation Radio was riding high and almost permanently on the turntable, I had just discovered that there was more to life than four cans of Fosters and 20 Rothmans, punk was a happening thing that most people knew very little about though I'd pogo'd for the first time a few months earlier (Pretty Vacant).

Ah well, the Kentish Town gig offers no seats and anyway - I'm gigging that evening.

Shame.

The current bass player player in the band is a member of this forum. Dave Sturt. He lives near me and I’ve seen him around for years. I don’t think he’s been on here for ages, and I can’t remember his user-name. He is quite busy though, he’s the bass player in the current line-up of Gong too.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

I have vivid (if somewhat stoned) memories of the 1977 Rainbow gig, including the journey there on the tube for some reason. Motivation Radio was riding high and almost permanently on the turntable, I had just discovered that there was more to life than four cans of Fosters and 20 Rothmans, punk was a happening thing that most people knew very little about though I'd pogo'd for the first time a few months earlier (Pretty Vacant).

Well, Jack. Who'd a thunk it?  I believe was at that gig too. So have you been stalking me these past 46 years? 🤣

• Haha 2