Why become a member? ×

FS: Musicman Audiophile HD500
£350
Whitstable

Beedster

20 hours ago, Beedster said:

If anyone want to take this off my hands for £150 on the understanding that at the very least it needs a new preamp tube but could be more, feel free to get in touch 👍

I honestly would, but a) I'm not down your way very often (my daughter's in Margate); and b) I'd need to bring it back to my favourite tech before feeling confident about tube issues, etc.

I still think this is a wonderful opportunity for someone, especially at the price you're now asking - just not me this time.

Once more, good luck with your sale!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, yes I know I should take this to a tech etc but I barely have time to look at Basschat these days let alone find a local guy (most have disappeared round here), drive it there, collect it etc, so frankly thought I'd let someone else have that pleasure. I've checked the tubes I've used with it and both models are pretty low gain so I might try a higher gain version which might do the trick, in which case the price goes back up again :) 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Calex said:

Graham Jones only lives the other side of the old Thanet Way from yours, I can message you his details if that helps

Hello mate, that would be great, many thanks, he's not a name I've come across, most of the guys I used to know round these parts appear to have stopped doing amps (guess more and more people these days are using gear that can't really be economically repaired by anyone other than the manufacturer) or retired 👍

• 6 months later...