Why become a member? ×

'98 USA P/J - anyone else got or had one?

Soledad

Far as I know this was the first time the Corona factory made production P/Js. There was a limited 500 run of USA Standard P/Js in 2016, and various MIM and Squier iterations later.

Got a bit interested when I needed a replacement tone pot- original is a CTS mini 250k and I couldn't find one with the 1/4 post anywhere so contacted Fender in the States. Their email back told me they had no detailed records of build as 'very few were made'.

There's no doubt it's a straight Corona '98 and it came to me many years later in virtually unplayed condition.

It's a real cracker and a certain keeper, but anyone else own one or know more about them?

pj2.jpg

pj3.jpg

pj4.jpg

pj5.jpg

pj6.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ASW said:

Is this one?

Sure looks like it!! I've had mine about 4 years and never seen onother, particularly for sale. Don't need 2 but someone needs to grab this, fabulous basses IMO and I rate the mid-late '90s Corona builds very highly.

Good to know what they were called. Got mine from Bass Direct and they listed it as a Precision Special but that clearly wasn't right as no such thing of the period exists.

Been through a few Precisions over the many years but this one is an absolute keeper! (Selling the '64 was maybe a mistake...) 

On 05/03/2023 at 11:49, AndyTravis said:

They were called the Hot Rod P/J.

Came in Sunburst, Sunset Orange (ash body) and Black.

I’ve worked on an orange one previously.

Very nice basses.

Yep, lusted after these as a spotty teenager. 

They also came in Olympic White and Natural too. 

• Like 1