Why become a member? ×

Switch Vibracell on @bagsieblue's doorstep

TheGreek

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

Apparently collectable - "Vibracell is a patented synthetic material from the Switch Music company, and used to mold this "one piece" body and neck guitar." 

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/switch-vibracell-4-string-active-bass-guitar-/1452843323

Martyn may know more.

Interesting bass, never seen one of these.

Google doesnt really tell me much more either.

Tempted to have a look out of curiosity but dont think its for me.

Happy to facilitate a pickup and onwards shipping if it helps anyone......

I posted a photo the one I used to own in the thread about them in General Discussion recently. 

Mine was a slightly different shape had EMG passive pickups and controls, and much more flamboyant colour scheme.

Not in the slightest bit collectable. They were being sold off in vast quantities for bargain-basement prices when I bought mine for under £100. Mine was a nice enough bass (for a 4-string) but nothing special apart from the finish. Worth about £100 tops IMO - the one in the OP less because it's not as interesting looking.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BigRedX said:

Not in the slightest bit collectable. They were being sold off in vast quantities for bargain-basement prices when I bought mine for under £100. Mine was a nice enough bass (for a 4-string) but nothing special apart from the finish. Worth about £100 tops IMO - the one in the OP less because it's not as interesting looking.

Yes I remember when they were selling them off cheap and some being bright yellow blending into bright red then black. I've seen a few for sale since and they seem to now go for around £200-£300.