Why become a member? ×

It’s just a lump of wood isn’t it?

Rayman

Just now, Ralf1e said:

So how many people think a church pipe organ is just a lump of wood or is it also a piece of furniture and a crazy feat of engineering, bearing in mind

the stops are different on differnt models and skilled players have to spend time with each one to know what the f=== is going on

Well we had an old, ornate and huge (6ft tall +) "pump up with pedals" organ that was dying/dead so I pulled out the guts and made it into a charming victorian~esque fire place surround.. It was largely a piece of furniture to begin with, it most certainly is now. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SH73 said:

My most comfortable bass to play is a second hand Squier p bass, added a fender high mass bridge , SPB 1 pick up, flat strings and done.

You do know we are not all the same shape don't you. But I do get your point or I would if I didn't have my Hart Guitars multiscale headless 5 string.

Has that got us back on topic. Probably not but who gives a monkeys banana when you are chilling out as we should be on here.😀

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SH73 said:

My most comfortable bass to play is a second hand Squier p bass, added a fender high mass bridge , SPB 1 pick up, flat strings and done.

I have a lowest spec Squier PJ bass ( which I got purely as most of my other stuff is in bits and I'm running out of playable instruments ) it plays and sounds great, just as it came, strings and all. 

I'll be the "inverted snob" then.. 

10 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

I have a lowest spec Squier PJ bass ( which I got purely as most of my other stuff is in bits and I'm running out of playable instruments ) it plays and sounds great, just as it came, strings and all. 

To be fair , I couldn't probably even tell you blond folded if I played my Squier p bass as it came originally or the minor upgrades. As long as the strings and neck feels right, the style of your playing will produce that sweet sound.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Waddo Soqable said:

I have a Squier P bass 50th anniversary 1996 I bought for £50 made in Taiwan (apparently they are very good) Gave it a neck shim and some love. Unbelievable transformation.

I was stunned when I played it. Great feel, huge sound, lightish weight.

My cheapest bass but not put to shame by some of the other higher value I own.

I'll join you.

• Like 2