Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

megazap63

Hi all,

I'm selling a Korg G5 Synth Module, excellent condition, studio use only with original manual and AC adaptor (configured for Australia, place of purchase in 1997). AC adaptor works fine with UK conversion plug or a suitable UK adaptor.

Excellent effect rivalling Akai Deep Impact for sound, flexibility and tracking (better, in my opinion). Also a very rare pedal, with production being discontinued in 1997 (or thereabouts).

Forced credit crunch sale, so asking for £400 firm plus postage costs.

Cheers

Edited by megazap63

[quote name='Higgie' post='472712' date='Apr 26 2009, 03:18 PM']Good luck with the sale mate, but at £400 "FIRM", I think you'll need all the luck you can get.[/quote]

Try getting hold of one of these pedals through ebay or any other forum - here in the UK or o/s - and you'll find they come up, maybe once every couple of years. They're probably rarer than the original Mu-tron III, which justifies the price for one in excellent condition.

Kind regards

It's nothing personal mate, really, but you won't get £400 for this. I'm just trying to help you get a sale by suggesting you drop the price a bit. You say it's a "forced" sale, but you won't get the money you need by over charging people!

Also, just FYI, I up until very recently owned 2 Mutron III's (both original at that) and I paid less than £400 for the both of them.

Edited by Higgie

[quote name='Higgie' post='472828' date='Apr 26 2009, 06:24 PM']It's nothing personal mate, really, but you won't get £400 for this. I'm just trying to help you get a sale by suggesting you drop the price a bit. You say it's a "forced" sale, but you won't get the money you need by over charging people!

Also, just FYI, I up until very recently owned 2 Mutron III's (both original at that) and I paid less than £400 for the both of them.[/quote]

No problem Higgie, I've not taken it personally, however I'm sure you know the feeling when having to part with a rare piece of gear.....you'd like to feel that you get a good price to make up for having to sell it.

However, I would be prepared to drop the price. This is after consideration of the following: 1. current tough economic times and
2. someone has pointed out one for sale (albeit in the US) for a lower price.

Also, as a newcomer to this Forum, the last thing I'd want to do is overcharge or rip off others. The set price was after discussion with the Bass Gallery in Camden (where the pedal is currently on consignment). If anyone in/near London would like to check it out they should drop in there, run it through its paces and then get back to me if definitely interested or making an offer. I'd then be happy to agree on mutually satisfactory price.

Finally Higgie, if you managed to get 2 original Mu-trons for £400.....man, you got the bargain of the century!! I paid US$500 for one in mint condition several years ago (it was, admittedly, BNIB).

Talk again sometime

They're not that rare - I've seen two up for sale at the same time on eBay before, see one advertised either here or there once a month or so. And they usually go for £175 top dollar unless they're in "collector" condition with a mint original box and so on.

IIRC I paid £170 for mine with the expression pedal thrown in.

[quote name='megazap63' post='472871' date='Apr 26 2009, 07:27 PM']No problem Higgie, I've not taken it personally, however I'm sure you know the feeling when having to part with a rare piece of gear.....you'd like to feel that you get a good price to make up for having to sell it.

However, I would be prepared to drop the price. This is after consideration of the following: 1. current tough economic times and
2. someone has pointed out one for sale (albeit in the US) for a lower price.

Also, as a newcomer to this Forum, the last thing I'd want to do is overcharge or rip off others. The set price was after discussion with the Bass Gallery in Camden (where the pedal is currently on consignment). If anyone in/near London would like to check it out they should drop in there, run it through its paces and then get back to me if definitely interested or making an offer. I'd then be happy to agree on mutually satisfactory price.

Finally Higgie, if you managed to get 2 original Mu-trons for £400.....man, you got the bargain of the century!! I paid US$500 for one in mint condition several years ago (it was, admittedly, BNIB).

Talk again sometime[/quote]

I do know the feeling, very well in fact! I've lost some really nice stuff for peanuts in the past.

The Gallery, while a good shop and resource for trying high end gear, are very expensive, so I don't blame you for going with what they'd put it up for sale for.

Yeah I did luck out on that one, one of them even had the PS-1 power supply with it :rolleyes: $500 is still a really good deal for a BNIB one. I've seen them go upwards of $900!

Finally, good luck with the sale :)

Oh and welcome to the forum! You'll have an awesome (but expensive!) time!

Edited by Higgie

[quote name='Higgie' post='473071' date='Apr 27 2009, 02:41 AM']I do know the feeling, very well in fact! I've lost some really nice stuff for peanuts in the past.

The Gallery, while a good shop and resource for trying high end gear, are very expensive, so I don't blame you for going with what they'd put it up for sale for.

Yeah I did luck out on that one, one of them even had the PS-1 power supply with it :rolleyes: $500 is still a really good deal for a BNIB one. I've seen them go upwards of $900!

Finally, good luck with the sale :)

Oh and welcome to the forum! You'll have an awesome (but expensive!) time![/quote]

Cheers Higgie, and its nice to have finally joined the forum....

I've posted a bit of an intro about myself, playing style, gear etc on the introductions category....look forward to hearing more of your (and others') experience, interests etc.

Chris