Why become a member? ×

I demo'd a Mark Bass LMII today....

Musicman20

I was impressed by how clear everything was. The size has always amazed me. My girlf picked up a 2x10 MB cab and couldnt believe how light it was....and the LMII head...less than a laptop!

Its definitely a contender for my new lightweight touring head...an LM 3, an LMTube or genz Shuttlemax.

I was thinking Gallien 1001RB II, but I really need to keep the head as small as possible!

It was with a standard mex Jazz from the shopfloor as well. Soooo loud! And that was with 1 8Ohm 4x10 cab!

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' post='472349' date='Apr 25 2009, 07:42 PM']I was impressed by how clear everything was. The size has always amazed me. My girlf picked up a 2x10 MB cab and couldnt believe how light it was....and the LMII head...less than a laptop!

Its definitely a contender for my new lightweight touring head...an LM 3, an LMTube or genz Shuttlemax.

I was thinking Gallien 1001RB II, but I really need to keep the head as small as possible!

It was with a standard mex Jazz from the shopfloor as well. Soooo loud! And that was with 1 8Ohm 4x10 cab![/quote]

Was this a Markbass 4 x 10? If so, how did you find the sound it produced? Bassy, thin, twangy, fat, clean, balanced??? Suitable for rock??

[quote name='Linus27' post='472448' date='Apr 25 2009, 11:37 PM']Was this a Markbass 4 x 10? If so, how did you find the sound it produced? Bassy, thin, twangy, fat, clean, balanced??? Suitable for rock??[/quote]

The cab was pretty much spot on. I only had a 5 minute play. The low end when striking the E was huge....so id say bassy. It was definitely defined and clear/crisp.

I dont know much about MB, but from my little demo, I love their gear. More so the heads.

[quote name='maxrossell' post='472962' date='Apr 26 2009, 09:52 PM']I just can't get past the way they look. I know bass amps aren't the most stylish of things to begin with, but these things look like they were designed by guys who customise big-rigs.[/quote]

The new LMTube looks a little nicer.

I know what you mean, but they have grown on me. Im a bit the same with ashdown...i cannot understand their styling.