Why become a member? ×

Rackmount Bass Effects - What are the options?

lscolman

Hi Lee,

I guess it depends on what you are wanting your effects to be capable of. Are you looking for digital amp modelling too? Certainly that is what the Vamp is more catered to, as is the likes of the Line 6 units, such as the X3 that I own.

If you are after pure effects, then I think looking at companies such as TC Electronic (one of THE best in my opinion, having used their gear for ten years or more), Rocktron, Digitech, Alesis, ART, Lexicon, Zoom... Boss do their own rack gear still I believe.. there is quite a long list of manufacturers out there. My money would go on the TC Electronic G-Force or G-Major everytime..or the Line 6 stuff for digital modelling.

I still swear by my MPXG2. I've had it 4 years and it seems to be infinitely configurable. If you have favourite pedals, the MPXG2 can integrate them and you can switch them in and out with the other effects in a patch if you like. Prices in the US have halved in the last year or so since they stopped making it, I've seen them selling for about $500 on fleabay.

I'm still amazed by mine even now and I'm looking for another.