Why become a member? ×

NXT 4 EUB Ned Steinberger with upgrades PRICE DROP £650 - *SOLD*
£750
Birmingham

NXT 4 EUB Ned Steinberger with upgrades. I have owned this beauty from new for I guess 8 or so years? She was a trusty workhorse for gigs all over the world and never let me down. I'm not an expert on the model line up but I believe this model was an upgrade/replacement for the wav4. It has the Polar pickup switch to flip between arco and pizz and a single tone knob. Think they have since replaced (or augmented) with the NXT4a model which is designed to sound more "authentic" to an acoustic. Happily, I made all the upgrades to this model before they released the A model. It has the "traditional" strings on it which are deader and less sustained and the upgraded pro tripod. (i'll chuck in a set of the regular string too if you like it brighter) I had the standard fail once on stage where the leg literally crumbled. Highly recommend the pro stand instead. i set the action fairly high so this unit really can sound very traditional. All the character of an acoustic with obviously none of the logistical and feedback concerns. For loud stages it was a godsend. It looks great too, that amber burst is really really nice hope you agree. Very playable, quicker than acoustic so your lines can be a bit more complex but it has the weight and authority behind each note for traditional lines too. A really really nice instrument to dig into and improve your upright chops.

We played ALOT of shows together so there are signs of wear here and there. One small chip mid way on the neck has breached the lacquer but it doesnt fall under the left hand so never bothered me. Few minor lumps and bumps are noticeable but if you have ever played a vintage upright, it really wont be an issue. Bit of marking on the ebony fingerboard towards the bottom which I've tried to highlight in pics, can't see from a distance and if you are playing into the 3rd octave you're a braver man than me!!! Its by no means pristine but definitely not poor condition. I would say a solid 7 out of 10. Obvs all features are fully working and the sound and playability is unaffected. Welcome anyone to come and have a test, you won't be disappointed. I have switched to CR5M now for that low B so seems a shame for this lovely instrument to sit gathering dust.

It really is a great intro to upright playing if you're moving from electric (those dot markers really do help!) or for the upright player who is sick of poor stage sound- your troubles are over with this.....

Too big and fragile for postage. Won't consider at all, pick up only from Birmingham. Original case included

20230129_100046-1.jpg

20230129_095920.jpg

20230128_142813-2.jpg

20230128_142702.jpg

20230128_142724.jpg

20230128_142959.jpg

20230128_143014.jpg

20230129_095956-1.jpg

20230129_100046-2.jpg

20230129_100059.jpg

Edited by BassInMyFace
price drop
  • Like 5

• BassInMyFace changed the title to NXT 4 EUB Ned Steinberger with upgrades PRICE DROP £650
15 minutes ago, JPJ said:

Bloody hell, what an absolute bargain 😮 Typically this comes up for sale the week after I purchased mine locally for considerably more 😤

Don’t even get me started. ‘Twas ever thus 😤.

• BassInMyFace changed the title to NXT 4 EUB Ned Steinberger with upgrades SOLD