Why become a member? ×

That clip thing on IEMs that I don’t know a proper name for…

TomWIC

Okay, so bear with me and the title gore but…

You know that clip on IEM cables where you can adjust how much/how tight the cable is behind your neck…what on earth is that called?

I ask because my in-ears (KS AZ10’s) don’t have one and they could really benefit from having one. Can I find one online? I cannot. Mainly because I don’t know the right thing to search for.

Any ideas? Or any ideas as to a DIY solution that isn’t completely awful (like the time I used electrical tape and it just peeled off from sweat)?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jakester said:

I took one of those wire cable ties and wrapped it round a few times. Works fine on both sets of my IEMS. You can still slide it up and down to change the tension too. 

Legend, I will try this! Thanks. 

• Like 1

This thread reminded me that i don’t actually have one either, at least not on my new KZ’s. My MEE’s do and i do use it, so i just ordered this. Not dirt cheap, but my cable is 3.5mm so the one i posted above wouldn't have worked. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PLDTNWT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dave_bass5 said:

This thread reminded me that i don’t actually have one either, at least not on my new KZ’s. My MEE’s do and i do use it, so i just ordered this. Not dirt cheap, but my cable is 3.5mm so the one i posted above wouldn't have worked. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PLDTNWT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This looks more like it, thanks! I’ll order a pair and see how I get on; one of the reviewers specifically mentions IEMs so that’s a good sign. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TomWIC said:

I have seen this before on a search but I’m not sure if they’re suitable, they seem more like to clip the cable to clothing? But I guess for £4 it’s not a big deal if they’re not right.

Clipping the cable to clothing is exactly what you will be doing. Those smaller ones look like the one that comes with my MEE, so would be perfect if not for the smaller diameter. 

On 27/01/2023 at 23:48, TomWIC said:

This looks more like it, thanks! I’ll order a pair and see how I get on; one of the reviewers specifically mentions IEMs so that’s a good sign. 

Nice arrived today. Not as large as i thought, and a perfect fit for my cable. Highly recommended if you need to hold thicker cable.. 

Just now, dave_bass5 said:

Nice arrived today. Not as large as i thought, and a perfect fit for my cable. Highly recommended if you need to hold thicker cable.. 

Yeah, received mine today too, cable fits really well so fingers crossed that solves the problem!

• Like 1

I run my cable in front of me so it goes down the front of my shirt on the outside as I couldn't get on with the cable behind me unless it went inside my shirt. I used cable velcro things to attach an extension cable to my instrument cable from my headphone amp, all the way up to the end of the strap at the bridge end so that I just plug IEMs into the extension right next to the back of the strap

I bought these which are similar to the above ones:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09CQ2PTJD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1