Why become a member? ×

Shergold Marathon 8 String Bass £465 - *SOLD*
£535
Lancaster

ash

Very rare UK built Shergold Marathon 8 string bass in cherry red. Probably made in 1980/81 as the shield logo is the later embossed version. 

There were very few of these made and this is all original but missing the small trussrod cover. 

The pickup sounds great and the bass plays well on the lower frets but past the 12th some of the notes choke out. So it could do with a set up and work on the higher frets to sort this out. The bass is strung with a GHS custom set. The bass is light weight and other than the usual Shergold lacquer cracking and some dings and marks is in fairly good condition for a forty plus year old bass. 

The bass has two outputs for stereo but I’ve not used this facility. The neck is nice and slim and as it’s an 8 string with lots of tension on the neck the neck has a slight forward bow. I have also played this as a four string bass and it is typical Shergold very playable and punchy sounding. Truss rod works as it ought to. A piece of history. No case or bag but I can post at cost. Only selling as I am moving house and need to move on some of my collection. UK only. No trades. Thanks! 

Edited by ash
Sold
  • Like 21

• 3 weeks later...
  • ash changed the title to Shergold Marathon 8 String Bass now sold