Why become a member? ×

NBD: Fender Mustang Bass MIJ Reissue

bassace97

Great basses. I have the exact same one though I swapped the pickguard for a white one purely for cosmetic / vanity reasons!

Yes - the La Bella mustang set are brilliant - not thuddy and dead at all - surprisingly musical, smooth and warm on mine. 
I’m well jealous you’ve got a hard case that fits yours tho! What is it?

1 hour ago, bassbiscuits said:

Great basses. I have the exact same one though I swapped the pickguard for a white one purely for cosmetic / vanity reasons!

Yes - the La Bella mustang set are brilliant - not thuddy and dead at all - surprisingly musical, smooth and warm on mine. 
I’m well jealous you’ve got a hard case that fits yours tho! What is it?

Hadnt considered white, bet that looks stunning! This one is a 2008 Made in Japan, and from what I can see these all came with a black Fender hardcase. 

A fellow basschatter actually offered me a set of Labella Mustang strings, can't wait for them to arrive.

I'm considering swapping the stock pickup for a Nordstrand NM4, DO you have any experience with these?

Ah cool. Mine is a 2013 MIJ model and didn’t come with a case (or had been lost along the way before I got it). 

Haven’t tried the Nordstrands. I did think about swapping the pickups but I’ve gigged it solid for the last year and a half and never felt the need to change the sound as it’s perfectly good. 

I wanted a red tort or pearl white plate but they were both rare and/or expensive so I went with a white one that cost about a tenner instead. Works for me!

3889906E-8132-4ACD-9586-E3B2015876C3.jpeg