Why become a member? ×

EHX Bass Clone Low Output

Waddycall

I bought a bass clone a week or so ago from a fellow basschatter. Initially it was all working fine and I had it balanced on the edge of my new to me pedalboard, powered by my new to me one spot cs6 and connected into the effects loop of my microbass 3. I’ve just come back from picking up some patch cables to set my board up properly. Set up is bass big muff into microbass 3 with bass clone in the effects loop of the microbass.

the chorus now has a low output when on. When bypassed the signal strength is the same as having a patch cable between the effects send and return or having the return unplugged so it’s  not a cable issue.

ive tried powering it from different sockets on the one spot and tried different power leads. I’ve also tried powering the pedal with just a battery and it’s always the same. With bass and treble cranked on the pedal it’s closer to bypassed output but that didnt seem necessary previously.

any thoughts?

Why does someone always state the bleeding obvious and up being right 🤣. Thanks smurf👍

Just plugged it in in front of the preamp = bass - clone - fuzz - microbass and it was the other way round! Really quiet when bypassed but loud when on! I swapped the patch cable between the clone and the fuzz and it was fine. If it was a dodgy patch cable I can’t understand why it was fine bypassed but ii have got a tiny brain.

• Haha 1

No problem. 😃

Edit: Not related, but a couple of months ago I mistakenly powered my board with a daisy chain cable linked to the supply that normally runs my powerblock. So 18v instead of 9v. I didn't realise for several days of practice - perhaps 4 hours in total. There were 5 pedals including my Bass Clone. I only realised what I'd done when the Clone stopped working. All the other pedals survived but the Clone refused to work (although the LED came on and off when the switch was engaged). I even tried batteries but no effect, just the LED. I decided to wait until after Christmas to get another one (as I love the pedal). For some reason I gave it one more go and somehow it was working again. No idea what had happened. It's back as a permanent board member now.  

Edited by Franticsmurf
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Waddycall said:

Why does someone always state the bleeding obvious and up being right 🤣. Thanks smurf👍

Just plugged it in in front of the preamp = bass - clone - fuzz - microbass and it was the other way round! Really quiet when bypassed but loud when on! I swapped the patch cable between the clone and the fuzz and it was fine. If it was a dodgy patch cable I can’t understand why it was fine bypassed but ii have got a tiny brain.

take the microbes out the equation... what's it do then? 

• Like 1