Why become a member? ×

'No Treble' Bass Of The Week winning Camphor 4 string Singlecut 34" Custom; SD Hot P; Dimarzio J; SD 2-band EQ - *SOLD*
£1250
Derby - no courier but will travel!

Andyjr1515

A number of you will have seen this at various Bassbashes or from the original build thread.

The creeping hand arthritis is meaning I am selling a number of my own basses and guitars that are getting less and less playing time and too much cupboard time.  This one is the 'No Treble' BOTW-winning Camphor Singlecut:

https://www.notreble.com/buzz/2016/06/20/bass-of-the-week-ajr-guitars-singlecut-bass

Built originally for a basschat member who loved it but hit hard times with the closure of the Ford plant in Wales, I bought it back off him rather than for him to have to sell it for a song on the open market.  I've been using it for occasional playing but mainly to be able to show folks the kind of things I build.  Unfortunately, it is now spending too much of its time in the cupboard - and it was built to be played.

Since I built it, and since most folks have seen it, I have modded it to make it less custom and better for general players.  This has included fitting a powerful Seymour Duncan Spb-2 Hot P for the neck, which has allowed me to lower both pickups and give a bit more clearance under the strings by lowering the pickup covers.  It sounds and plays great!  The SD 2-band powered EQ kicks out some very nice tones to suit pretty much any player's style.

Here are the essential specs:

- 34" scale

- Camphor top; wenge demarcation; chambered alder back

- Mahogany/walnut 3-piece through neck

- Ebony fretboard

- Luminlay side dots

-  SD 2-band EQ

- SD Hot P neck pickup

- DiMarzio J bridge pickup

- Hipshot tuners including drop D

- Warwick brass adjustable just-a-nut

- it's light at 7lbs 13oz.  Sits on the strap beautifully.

More photos on my website here :

http://www.ajrguitarmods.co.uk/camphor single cut bass.htm

...but here are some recent shots:

dkwsEhnl.jpg

M0T2Pqzl.jpg

eTmZIk1l.jpg

CEeOwMLl.jpg

That last photo shows the custom fretless that is also on the For Sale site at £950.  I only want to sell one bass - whichever doesn't sell, I will be keeping for occasional home playing and posterity. I don't mind which - they both play great !

Open to reasonable offers.  I won't courier but happy to travel at least 100 miles radius from Derby to deliver or meet half-way.

Edited by Andyjr1515
Sold
  • Like 12

I've seen both basses and can confirm that both are amazing and would be an asset to anybody's collection. 

It seems that so many of us are downsizing our collections that lots of fantastic basses are becoming available. 

We need to find a wealthy benefactor to buy them and store them for posterity.

Or play them,  of course. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Andyjr1515 changed the title to Sold 'No Treble' Bass Of The Week winning Camphor 4 string Singlecut 34" Custom; SD Hot P; Dimarzio J; SD 2-band EQ