Why become a member? ×

Fruit of the Bass Tree

ChWillie

What stand is that? 

It looks like a really good solution to not having a lot of floor or wall space in my Lair.

I have one of the grabby Hercules stands and really like it, however it doesn’t fit my Warlock. It won’t go tall enough. I had been hoping to get the triple version, but I think it is the same height. And as my Warlock gets played a lot, it’s one of the basses that needs to be kept close.

Your stand looks like the triple Hercules stand, but with another one stacked on top. On yours, is it possible to remove one of the lower grabby arms? And/or move them up or down independently?

• Like 1

Thank you. It’s not cheap, but it is very tempting.

The one I’ve got is the GS412B Plus, and it’s ace. Apart from not being quite tall enough to take my Warlock.

http://herculesstands.com/international/products/fretted-and-bowed-instrument/guitar/single-stands-(1)/gs412b-plus/

It takes my Thunderbird fine, so I think it should be ok for an Explorer.

• Like 1

Cheers KB, I had seen that one too.....was quite tempted by it, or the GS422B Plus
My only worry was that the Explorer is pretty long (probably longer than a T-Bird due to the more 'extreme' body angles), although I did spot the Explorer on the tree there, so might be ok....!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ezbass said:

Except the Explorer. O.o

Good eye.  It’s been converted, but you can see that the g string is wrapped differently.  Doesn’t really affect playing it.  Hard to find a left handed Explorer bass. I do have a lefty Gibson Explorer guitar. 

• Thanks 1