Why become a member? ×

Ampeg PF-50t All Valve Head with padded bag ON HOLD - *SOLD*
£485
NW Wilts / W Berks

Cat Burrito

The amp I thought I would never sell. Bought from new when they came out and very well looked after. It was serviced professionally prior to going into storage and has sat under my stairs in a gig bag since 2019. When I bought it I was active on the Americana scene and playing in a CCR tribute so the tone was perfect. Don't be fooled by the 50 watts either, the CCR band had THE loudest drummer and THE loudest guitarist I have ever worked with (& I played in a lot of punk bands in my teens and 20s) and it always held up. 

On a Basschat tip-off there was a drum pedal bag that fitted this perfectly that I customised with Ampeg patches. This really is a cool slice of modern retro. Going new between £800 - £1000 (& usually closer to the £1k mark), this is priced to sell. 

Ampeg1.jpg.d08f56dce5c0c19ea6a5754f9de1a44e.jpg

The official spec is;

General

The Ampeg PF-50T is a thoroughbred tube amp for demanding bass guitarists. Equipped with two X7 preamp tubes as well as one 12AU7 and two 6L6 power amp tubes, this portable bass amp delivers 50 watts of pure bass power at 4 or 8 ohms. Bass, mid and treble knobs give you control over your core sound, and the centre point of the mid range frequency can be adjusted in five steps. A simple push of a button provides you with an ultra low or high boost, and an input gain control is also at your disposal.

Ampeg PF-50T: a studio-grade tone

With the PF-50T, Ampeg has issued an all-tube bass amp that meets all the demands an advanced bassist could possibly have. To ensure optimal diversity, the bass head has a preamp balanced line out (DI) with Pre/Post EQ, and a transformer balanced line out, with a ground lift option, of course. Adjustable bias control allows you to replace the tubes. Remarkably, this all-tube bass beast weighs only 8.8 kilos. Its sound, meanwhile, is everything you'd expect from an Ampeg Portaflex: rich in harmony and worthy of a place in the studio.

Specifications

Product features

ConnectorsExternal speaker(s), Line-out

Number of channels1

Number of speaker outputs1

Amp modellingno

Effects loopno

Weight5 - 9.9 kg

Speaker output impedance8 Ohms, 4 Ohms

Built-in tunerno

Built-in compressorno

Built-in effectsnone

Colourblack

Power attenuatorno

Amplifier typetube

Amplifier valve6L6

Power in Watts31 - 50 Watts

Weight and dimensions including packaging

Weight (incl. packaging)10.2 kg

Dimensions (incl. packaging)46.0 x 33.5 x 27.0 cm

Product specifications

Ampeg bass amplifier

model: PF-50T

RMS power: 50 W @ 4 or 8 ohms

all-tube amp

preamp tubes: 2x 12AX7

power amp tubes: 1x 12AU7, 2x 6L6

inputs: 0 db and -15 dB

controls: bass, mid, treble

mid-tone control: 5-way frequency switch

Ultra Hi/Lo boosts

input gain control

Line out (DI):

post preamp with Pre/post EQ

ground lift

transformer line out: with ground lift

adjustable bias

dimensions: 7.3 x 13.9 x 10.4 inches (185 x 353 x 264 mm)

weight: 19.4 lbs (8.8 kg)

I won't be shipping this as it's all valve and not worth the aggrevation. I am between Newbury and Swindon a lot, occasionally rehearse Bristol way and am happy to look at meet ups via DM if it isn't too far out the way for me. Or come and try it here. 

Ampeg3.jpg.195ddaf45307303606216381b132e5be.jpg

Ampeg2.jpg.080fc300317a305849b44c4defa70e39.jpg

Thanks for looking. 

Edited by Cat Burrito
  • Like 2

• Cat Burrito changed the title to Ampeg PF-50t All Valve amp with padded bag SOLD