Why become a member? ×

analog synth pedal besides EHX microsynth

lidl e

6 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Nice. Was that unfiltered?

Cheers that was with the 'mix' at 10 O'clock. Seems to be the sweet spot with this bass, so that slaps and pops emerge out of the drive relatively clean. I'll do some other samples with different levels of drive and dynamics.

20 minutes ago, ped said:

Cheers that was with the 'mix' at 10 O'clock. Seems to be the sweet spot with this bass, so that slaps and pops emerge out of the drive relatively clean. I'll do some other samples with different levels of drive and dynamics.

I meant you weren’t running it into any kind of external filter. 

1 minute ago, Quatschmacher said:

I meant you weren’t running it into any kind of external filter. 

Ah I did wonder, nope that's the pedal on it's own, into my VB99 which is my audio interface and preamp, which is set pretty flat with a cab sim and slight compressor at the end of the chain

2 hours ago, ped said:

I'd also suggest the Crowther Audio Prunes and Custard - it only does a couple of sounds, but it can sound amazingly synthy. No tracking or latency and because you can blend in some clean mix, and because of the way the filter reacts, you can accentuate certain parts of baselines which poke through the synth sound. It's so natural to play and hugely responsive to touch.. play super light and it's a warm 'whomp', dig in and it splutters.

Quick demo here

Never got close to that with mine - I shall investigate it further.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Never got close to that with mine - I shall investigate it further.

I think I've got it set in bass mode, mix at 10 o'clock and drive at about 2 o'clock. Palm muting a bit, light touch. I think it works better with a single pickup input. I think it's especially good on the mustang because of the fat fundamental and less overtones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ped said:

I think I've got it set in bass mode, mix at 10 o'clock and drive at about 2 o'clock. Palm muting a bit, light touch. I think it works better with a single pickup input. I think it's especially good on the mustang because of the fat fundamental and less overtones.

Gotcha!

• Like 1

On 14/02/2023 at 10:01, ped said:

I'd also suggest the Crowther Audio Prunes and Custard - it only does a couple of sounds, but it can sound amazingly synthy. No tracking or latency and because you can blend in some clean mix, and because of the way the filter reacts, you can accentuate certain parts of baselines which poke through the synth sound. It's so natural to play and hugely responsive to touch.. play super light and it's a warm 'whomp', dig in and it splutters.

Quick demo here

TASTY

• Thanks 1

On 02/01/2023 at 16:01, ped said:

Chunk systems Octavius squeezer! And I have one for sale :)

These are amazing but SO convoluted to use unless you dedicate many hours to them. @peddo you have any presets you fancy sharing...I could be tempted to get back into mine again. 

47 minutes ago, dodge_bass said:

These are amazing but SO convoluted to use unless you dedicate many hours to them. @peddo you have any presets you fancy sharing...I could be tempted to get back into mine again. 

Yeah once you’ve got back into using it the system isn’t too bad but it’s easy to forget how to access certain things or scroll past what you wanted and end up pressing the wrong clicker! It’s quite clever how it all works using just two knobs though tbh but I couple more wouldn’t have gone amiss. 

I’ve edited the Paul Turner ones mostly just to dial them in for my basses specifically so probably not worth sharing them. I take it you have the latest firmware with those on? If not let me know as I’ve got the file here. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/02/2023 at 21:12, dodge_bass said:

Wait, what? You’ve had a Squeezer all this time and you never said?!

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

Wait, what? You’ve had a Squeezer all this time and you never said?!

Yeah man - had it for years. Made / tweaked a few good presets for it a while back but it was SUCH a pain to programme that I gave up with it really. There are also no presents knocking around anywhere on line so it was hard to get the best from it. 

46 minutes ago, dodge_bass said:

Yeah man - had it for years. Made / tweaked a few good presets for it a while back but it was SUCH a pain to programme that I gave up with it really. There are also no presents knocking around anywhere on line so it was hard to get the best from it. 

Dark horse, had I known that…

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dodge_bass said:

Well, at some point I may take @pedup on his kind offer of a loan and can get programming and would be happy to share. Alternatively, maybe I could loan yours and you could loan my spare FI? I should hopefully be up your neck of the woods next month…