Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Bass - models, prices, website

alexclaber

If you've come here via the forum instead of via [url="http://www.barefacedbass.com"]http://www.barefacedbass.com[/url] you might be wondering what a Barefaced cab is. The two current models in usage are the Compact (on left) and the Big One:

The Compact is a 26lb 2x12"/3x10" competitor whilst the Big One is a 41lb 6x10"/4x12"/2x15" killer. Prices are £450 and £675 respectively, plus P&P. And the Vintage is an 8x10" beater costing £700 yet weighing only 46lbs. Whilst the Midget is the loudest 1x12" ever - a replacement for a 2x10"/1x15" which weighs a mere 20lbs.

Next a mini version of the Big One - the Big Baby - and two Midgets in one box as a 4x10" replacement. And then some PA cabs...

Alex

Edited by alexclaber

And if you'd like your cab to look old school you can have it with metal corners and a Fender-style fabric grill for an additional £25. There may be more of a wait for this customisation depending on whereabouts through the batch build process we are. Here's the first Compact done 'vintage style', made to sit sideways so it can look good under a big wide valve head.

Alex

[quote name='josh3184' post='471837' date='Apr 24 2009, 08:24 PM']mmmm.
Compact plus a shuttle= epic tiny rig? certainly something I'm looking to try![/quote]

Well, I can certainly tell you that a MB LMII + a Compact is a killer combination. I don't think I'll need anything else for what I do, except maybe another one Compact!

[quote name='alexclaber' post='470923' date='Apr 23 2009, 04:49 PM']The Compact is a 32lb 2x12"/3x10" competitor whilst the Big One is a 47lb 6x10"/4x12"/2x15" killer. Prices are £400 and £625 respectively, plus P&P.

Lots more models in the pipeline, first up being a double-sized Compact with an old school appearance - the Vintage - one of which is going out to its owner next month. Later a mini version of the Big One - the Big Baby - and a smaller angrier version of the Compact - the Midget. And then some PA cabs...

Alex[/quote]

Alex

Do you mean these cabs are competitive in Volume or Tone? Also what is your take on PA boxes going to be?

Jay

[quote name='crez5150' post='473253' date='Apr 27 2009, 11:45 AM']Do you mean these cabs are competitive in Volume or Tone?[/quote]

Both!

[quote name='crez5150' post='473253' date='Apr 27 2009, 11:45 AM']Also what is your take on PA boxes going to be[/quote]

Good question - first thing will be a very wide dispersion monitor. Have various ideas for a better grade of PA top, whilst I believe the Big Sub will make an excellent live subwoofer.

Alex

• 3 months later...

[quote name='Uncle Balsamic' post='560326' date='Aug 4 2009, 04:19 PM']Can we have SPL charts? Or are they unimportant?[/quote]

I will be adding them to the site once they've all been measured accurately but they'll be buried fairly deep in the techy realms to avoid scaring those that think they should be getting flat response down to 30Hz... It's not the easiest job in the world to get accurate publishable plots (as opposed to the working plots I use) when you live in a fairly crowded city but I now have a suitable space for doing broadband measurements, just need to get power to it.

Sensitivity charts on their own are only part of the puzzle - you also need to consider the power handling limitations, both thermally and excursion limited, to find out how loud a cab will go and remain clean. My forthcoming PA cabs won't be that impressive on the sensitivity front but they will be impressive in terms of max SPL.

Alex