Why become a member? ×

Cort Artisan B4... confusion

polvo

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Cort Artisan B4 plus and the B4 element? And is there a third type of Artisan B4 (maybe older) which is neither Plus nor Element?

I'm tempted by this beauty, which is just listed as "Cort Artisan B4", but can't quite tell what model it is exactly. Any clues which model this might be, and whether £230 would be a good price?

image.thumb.png.0eeef148c3fc48a4686e5bd33290331c.png

16 minutes ago, polvo said:

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Cort Artisan B4 plus and the B4 element? And is there a third type of Artisan B4 (maybe older) which is neither Plus nor Element?

I'm tempted by this beauty, which is just listed as "Cort Artisan B4", but can't quite tell what model it is exactly. Any clues which model this might be, and whether £230 would be a good price?

I think they have different string spacing. Not 100% sure which is which. I think the oldest of the two is 17.5 and the newest is [edit 19mm]. Also, nowadays B4 have that smart neck shaoe that is thinner back to front on the treble side, while older ones have more of a traditional skinny jazz neck

Edited by Paolo85

I could be wrong but with that colour I wonder if it's an element B4. If so I have the same in black and it's with a markbass preamp and bartolini pickups. I find it a very comfortable bass to play with a great satin neck, with decent active electronics but the passive sound perhaps a little weak. I'm no electronics  expert though so some tweaking at the amp end could well sort it out.

All in all though I'd say if it is a B4 £230 seems a fair price if it's in good condition. I think new they go for around £400 or so.

Never played either but looked into these a while ago. Judging by the body shape that looks like a B4 - the Element is rounder, more like the A series. From memory, some of the differences are: body construction (mahogany with an ash top on the Element vs all ash I think), fretboard material (roasted maple on the Element), preamp.

On 30/12/2022 at 09:46, polvo said:

My Cort A4 Plus has the model stamped on the back of the neck. Can't you just ask for more details?

• Like 1

On 03/01/2023 at 21:21, polvo said:

For anyone following this thread, you may be interested in the latest tragicomic development... I bought it and then broke it within 10 minutes. Goddamit. It played beautifully for those 10 minutes though...

Been there, done that