Why become a member? ×

LD Systems wireless IEM - low output

geoham

Hey guys,

You're a knowledgeable bunch, so I wonder if any of you can offer any advice?
My singer recently swapped his reliable Behringer wired IEM belt pack for an LD Systems MEI One wireless set up, that he picked up used for a good price. It's an entry level, fixed frequency system - but seems to get pretty decent reviews.

Despite maxing everything in the signal path, the volume is too low for him to use them realistically. He got through the first fairly small gig with them, but by the third song of the 2nd gig - after being asked for 'more me!' when his channel, aux master, transmitter volume and receiver volume maxed - I put him back on his old wired setup. And nearly blew his head off the volume was so loud. Same KZ IEMs on both setups.

It's possibly also noteworthy that the RF signal LED on the receiver is quite dim. It's not visible under bright kitchen lights, but you can see it well enough under pub lighting. Fresh alkaline batteries installed.

Not sure if there's much we that can be done with it. Had a peek inside the receiver, as you'd expect it's full of minute surface mount components - but there's no obvious blown components, debris, shorts etc. There is a little variable resister type component, that appears to be connected to an IC chip. But overall, the circuit is far too complex for me to follow.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

George