Why become a member? ×

Calsbro bass bomber?

TomorrowDreamer

Well i picked up my new 5 string ibanez bass from the local music shop the other day and they offered me a 125 watt calsbro bass bomber amp for £140! Which sounds like a bargain to me as online the price is about £290 from most stores. Ive read some reviews and they dont seem to be very good, so has anybody else had any experiences with this amp or a similar model? Im looking for a 100wat amp to do small gigs with playing thrash/ death metal so would this amp suit this kinda style or should i go with another amp? My budget is a max of £300. Thx adam

I own the terribly named BassBomber and I rate it as one of the best sounding combos I've ever played. However, its worth bearing in mind that my tastes seem far from the norm amongst bass players!

If you like a bass sound with plenty of mids, this isn't for you. If you like playing trebly prog metal, this isn't for you. If you like a lot of tonal flexibility, it isn't for you. If you like a vintage thud or a dub sound, then maybe it is for you.

I'd advise that you give it a go before committing though.

In terms of playing live, unfortunately it doesn't have a DI output, so you'd have to buy a DI box if you want to run it through the PA without mic'ing it up.

Having said that, I've played it live and its sounded great to me ears, and have been complimented on the tone. But maybe I'm deaf and maybe people are just being kind?

They used to have a Carlsberg Bassbomber in the rehearsal room where I practice & used it a few times till some lowlife broke it like they did with most of the equipment in the DC. I don't understand the mentality of the daft c*nts, now they have nothing to use.
Was not a bad combo AFAIR but I only used it about 4 times in there & nowhere else.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='469763' date='Apr 22 2009, 05:26 PM']...and if you don't like the tone of this, have you considered second hand?

I can do you a great deal on a 700w Peavey Firebass Head and 2x10 cab, only 'cos I like you mind.[/quote]

Hmmm and how much would this great deal be costing me?^^

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='469763' date='Apr 22 2009, 05:26 PM']...and if you don't like the tone of this, have you considered second hand?

I can do you a great deal on a 700w Peavey Firebass Head and 2x10 cab, only 'cos I like you mind.[/quote]

Think of the added Kudos
If you sell it you can put ex TBBC on your listing, bound to improve the price :)

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='469760' date='Apr 22 2009, 05:20 PM']If you like a bass sound with plenty of mids, this isn't for you. If you like playing trebly prog metal, this isn't for you. If you like a lot of tonal flexibility, it isn't for you. If you like a vintage thud or a dub sound, then maybe it is for you.[/quote]

Have you tried doing a gear write up for a Bass Guitar mag...?
That looks like a perfect review... :)

Garry