Why become a member? ×

How much do used CIJ Fender Jazz normally sell for ?

markdavid

Hi all ,

Was just wondering , How much do used CIJ Fender Jazz normally sell for ? I have a 98 CIJ Jazz in Sunburst (may be a 62 reissue, not 100% sure , can get pics up later ) that has had Us 62 Reissue pickups fitted (original pickups stopped working) and now has US pots, knobs and jack and although it is a nice bass im just more into the fat growl of the P bass so am considering selling to help fund this. This is not an advert , I will be trying different strings and pickups etc to see if I can get closer to the P tone before I consider letting go of this bass

Edited by markdavid

I got my lefty JB75-US for 490 GBP on eBay, which I think is a very fair price :)
[url="http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180333894807"]http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=180333894807[/url]

Edited by LeftyJ

I have a cij 62 ri also and its original sunburst finish (cellulose?) has mojo. I have a quote for a respray from a reputable workshop but they spray polyester/polyeurethane.
Does anyone think the value would suffer much? It is otherwise completely original

[quote name='Geek99' post='469727' date='Apr 22 2009, 04:37 PM']I have a cij 62 ri also and its original sunburst finish (cellulose?) has mojo. I have a quote for a respray from a reputable workshop but they spray polyester/polyeurethane.
Does anyone think the value would suffer much? It is otherwise completely original[/quote]

Does yours have the stacked knobs or the v/v/t setup , im trying to work out if mine is a reissue or just a standard cij jazz , it came with bridge cover so i think it may be a reissue but not 100% sure

no, the usual VVT setup. It has screw holes for the [i]pickup[/i] cover drilled, but none fitted - there is no bridge cover fitted nor any holes. Someone may have fitted that beforeyou got yours. It has a gold fender logo with black bordering to the script letters.

Note - my 62 Ri also has a hole drilled on back of headstock for a strap button, but no actual button fitted. That may be a clue. If not present on yours, maybe its a regular jazz?

pics attached

Edited by Geek99