Why become a member? ×

Which Harley Benton pedalboard do tou have and how many pedals are on it?

lidl e

38 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

I have the 40 but it is just for a couple of large pedals.  

image.thumb.png.031bdd6e6623854b3de33a81a13cb766.png

Interesting. 

Judging by that pic, i should be looking at the 60. 

Whats the top pedal? I wsnt to check out size.cheers, bud ? I see now its a tc electronic plethora. Very cool. I do lkke the toneprint generally. 

Edited by lidl e

5 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

I have a seperate pedalboard that has BOSS pedals on but I could easily get 8 of that size pedal on the 40.  You just need to consider where the in/out jacks go, some pedals are on the top, most on the sides.  

If i could get Line 6 DL4 and a Future impact on the top row, i'd be looking pretty good.

I feel like the 60 is mammoth sized and i really would rpefer the 40.

Do you have hard case ro gig bag for it? if gig bag, do you feel the pedals are secure?

My pedalboard has a gigbag and while it protects them, I literally carry them by hand to car to gig; they don't get thrown in with general band gear or transported/carried by anyone else.  If your velcro is good they don't budge from where they are.  One down side of the Palmer Power Bar that I use is that the powers protrude from the top and I unplug the leads from the Power Bar each time, I really should just secure the protective strip on the back edge.

• Like 1

Just now, warwickhunt said:

My pedalboard has a gigbag and while it protects them, I literally carry them by hand to car to gig; they don't get thrown in with general band gear or transported/carried by anyone else.  If your velcro is good they don't budge from where they are.  One down side of the Palmer Power Bar that I use is that the powers protrude from the top and I unplug the leads from the Power Bar each time, I really should just secure the protective strip on the back edge.

i think i'll splurge for the hard case. 

Thanks for your input for sure! instead of the power bar, i'm looking at the harley benton PowerPlant. It has a USB slot that i woul dneed

https://www.thomann.de/ie/harley_benton_powerplant_iso_10ac_pro.htm

USB is a handy feature but that wouldn't have enough juice from any of the individual outputs to drive one of my pedals and digital pedals are very fussy.  Oddly the juice from the Power Bar should easily supply the BBE but for some reason it just will not run if I use anything other than it's own dedicated wall-wart.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

USB is a handy feature but that wouldn't have enough juice from any of the individual outputs to drive one of my pedals and digital pedals are very fussy.  Oddly the juice from the Power Bar should easily supply the BBE but for some reason it just will not run if I use anything other than it's own dedicated wall-wart.

I'd only need the USB to power the midi interface i'm looking at.

That Powerplant 10 i posted above has more than enough outputs besdies the USB one. 

Just now, lidl e said:

That Powerplant 10 i posted above has more than enough outputs besdies the USB one. 

It isn't the quantity of outs that I need to be aware of it is the amount of juice; the Plethora needs 600mA and if you have other pedals drawing power on a unit it can actually reduce the amount of juice being supplied across the board (often in the small print of any power supply).

• Like 1

@lidl e

3 X Harley Benton PowerPlant ISO-2AC Pro Modular, that as the name suggests are modular, that is they can be coupled/chained together so that they effectively work as one big power supply.

15608730_800.jpg

Not quite enough outputs for all the pedals, so some of them are daisy chained in couples from some of the outlets, it did help immensely on the noise though from when I had them all daisy chained from just two standard power supplied, and if I want there is room under the board for expanding with 2 more modules, one unit on each side of the exiting mounted ones. 

And yes, very satisfied with the board, which admittedly is a bit messy and could be in use of a bit more systematically organized wiring. 

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1