Why become a member? ×

Epiphone El Capitan acoustic - £320 posted - *WITHDRAWN*
£350
Cardiff

miles'tone

Here we have, for one lucky Basschatter, the ideal bass to future-proof yourself against creative stagnation during the impending collapse of society and civilisation as we know it.

A beautiful and in great condition Epiphone El Capitan acoustic bass, strung with Ernie Ball Earthwood strings.

No power available? No problem! This bass is LOUD when played acoustically (body depth is 5 1/4"). Loud enough to wake up my friend's young son upstairs while having a lounge jam anyway. Perfectly capable to keep up with a guitar and singing. It's not only loud but still sounds great when played hard and loud. It sounds wonderful when played quietly too, like when you're hiding out from the inevitable patrolling mobs. 

The preamp is great and works as it should with a cool phase control to eliminate feedback (not that you'll be able to use it).

This bass comes in a very nice Tribal Planet rigid gigbag (semi hardcase?) with ample padding and protection. Fits snug as a bug. The case is in great condition too with all zippers working like new. The pocket compartments are deep and spacious which will come in very handy.

In fact this case will double up as body armour, protecting your back, neck and head as you high-tail it away from a successful looting run at ALDI, pocket compartments laden with the last of the Fray Bentos pies, as those that were too slow try and pelt you with tins of out of date custard.

Hey, you snooze you lose!

There's some lovely flame to the neck and the 'burst of the finish is really beautiful yet hasn't really come out well on these photos unfortunately. Today was a dark day (just like those to come! 😉).

So, I hear you barking big dog, why am I selling this bass now instead of future-proofing myself?

Well, I already have an upright-riot shield-escape raft-bass to be getting along with, and I need to buy guns.

Any questions, just "fire" away!

Godspeed.

20221126_131658.jpg

20221126_131729.jpg

20221126_131747.jpg

20221126_131813.jpg

20221126_131842.jpg

20221126_132026.jpg

20221126_132206.jpg

Edited by miles'tone
  • Like 6
  • Haha 7

14 hours ago, miles'tone said:

So, I hear you barking big dog, why am I selling this bass now instead of future-proofing myself?

Well, I already have an upright-riot shield-escape raft-bass to be getting along with, and I need to buy guns.

Just get a Wilco Johnson machine-gun bass*

*OK it was a guitar, but literary licence and all that!

• Haha 1

On 27/11/2022 at 22:29, miles'tone said:

In fact this case will double up as body armour, protecting your back, neck and head as you high-tail it away from a successful looting run at ALDI, pocket compartments laden with the last of the Fray Bentos pies, as those that were too slow try and pelt you with tins of out of date custard.

Hey, you snooze you lose!

I can see you've given this considerable thought and planning 😊

• Haha 1

Bump

While having fun with the ad, I forgot to add that these basses are also discontinued.

Only selling as I have recently acquired a potentially very nice US Tacoma Thunderchief as a project. Needs some work so this sale will go towards that.

Edited by miles'tone

• miles'tone changed the title to *Withdrawn* Epiphone El Capitan acoustic