Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Studio Mini Rig.

Thunderpaws

• 5 months later...

@Ashdown Engineering This looks to be available now direct from Ashdown and is an interesting package. Billed as a 250w 210.

I can't however find any clear stats on the head or cab. i.e. Is the cab 4ohm? Do you get the full 250w into the one 210 cab? What are the specs of the cab? Ported/sealed/power rating etc?

There is a demo video online but nothing much in terms of detail.

Will it be available through dealers so we might be able to give one a go?

Edited by redbandit599

I assume this is Ashdown's version of the Ampeg Micro VR rig?

There isn't a lot of detail on the Ashdown website. They seem to strongly imply that both head and cab are rated at 250W @ 4 ohm, although the manual contradicts this by saying 180W @ 4 ohm:

image.png.7d6afd0ae37dec935a20f73edd08a87d.png

• Like 1

On 24/11/2022 at 21:19, tony_m said:

wonder if it's a Class-D reincarnation

Ashdown do say that its not a class-D design.The big cooling fan on the rear panel is a giveaway as it looks overkill for an ICE module.  Would be nice if the fan is thermostaically controlled in keeping with its Studio badge. The blurb also goes on at some length to state that the studio mini is repairable down to component level so fingers crossed no SMD's and no SMPS. A bit of quality and forethought in a design always pays off at the end of the day. Nice one Ashdown. Quite pricey though but i'm sure street prices will kick in eventually. 

• Like 1

On 03/05/2023 at 14:59, asingardenof said:

I assume this is Ashdown's version of the Ampeg Micro VR rig?

There isn't a lot of detail on the Ashdown website. They seem to strongly imply that both head and cab are rated at 250W @ 4 ohm, although the manual contradicts this by saying 180W @ 4 ohm:

image.png.7d6afd0ae37dec935a20f73edd08a87d.png

Yeah, I was discussing this with another user on the Ashdown FB page t'other day. I'd presumed it would be the same as my old 100W Five Fifteen minirig, which has a single output on the head labelled 4 ohm, and a 100W / 4 ohm sealed cab, but then the user guide shows the Studio has two outputs on the head (min load 4 ohm), and mentions using an extension speaker - I guess this means one could use two 8 ohm cabs, but that seems to defeat the object of having a dedicated (presumably 250W / 4 ohm) cab. Then again, the info in the user guide seems a bit skewiff as you've pointed out, so who knows what the reality is! Hopefully someone from @Ashdown Engineering will respond either here or on FB to clarify.

• Like 2