Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot Transit B Preamp - Price Drop £235 Posted - *SOLD*
£250
Whitley Bay

Davy

Trace Elliot Transit-B Bass Preamp

If you're of a certain age like me, you'll remember Trace Elliot and their classic sound.

I've had my fair share of Trace Elliot amps/cabs and combos over the years and they sound great but they are so heavy!

Well if you want the sound but not the weight then this might be just the thing for you! 😀

I picked this up here in a trade with the intention of using it with in-ears but every time I turn up at a gig without my backline I get it in the neck from the rest of band who miss my amp!

I'd really love to go fully amp-less but I think the whole band has to be on the same page and unfortunately they aren't prepared to do it so for the time being I'll be using my in-ears but with a backline for the rest of the band.

Anyway back to the Transit B. This is a great bit of kit and sounds ace but I can't justify having it lying round the house unused, hence up she goes.

Here's the spec:

5-band semi-parametric EQ.

Pre-shape button.

Dual band compressor.

Variable overdrive with blend.

Bass enhancement button.

Pre-compression/post-compression button.

Chromatic tuner built.

Built-in Pre and Post XLR balanced output

Dry output.

Headphone output.

Aux in.

https://www.traceelliot.com/resources/te-transit-b-om.pdf

Includes an embroidered carry bag and comes with the original packaging, user manual and PSU.

Cash is always king but trade-wise I'd consider a smaller pre-amp pedal(to keep as a backup in case my backline goes down at a gig) such as a TC Spectradrive or something along those lines.

Thanks for looking.

Trace 5.jpg

Trace 6.jpg

Trace 8.jpg

Trace 7.jpg

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

• Davy changed the title to Trace Elliot Transit B Preamp - Price Drop £235 Posted

Hey @Davy

My primary gripe with the Elf is that it doesn't have the range that we're used to getting from the original,  made in the UK gear.

In fact when I first saw this unit advertised my thinking was that it should have been part of the Elf...but then it wouldn't fit in the girl with the lovely bums back pocket.

How far does this unit go towards making the Elf feel like a "real" Trace Elliot ?

5 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Hey @Davy

My primary gripe with the Elf is that it doesn't have the range that we're used to getting from the original,  made in the UK gear.

In fact when I first saw this unit advertised my thinking was that it should have been part of the Elf...but then it wouldn't fit in the girl with the lovely bums back pocket.

How far does this unit go towards making the Elf feel like a "real" Trace Elliot ?

I don't own an Elf so I can't comment unfortunately but there are a few people on facebook(just search trace elliot transit b) who have used it with their Elfs and they may be able to share their experience.

So long as your cab is sensitive enough and your volume requirement relatively modest you can get a great range of tones from an Elf.

I wouldn't describe them as vintage Trace due to the inherent warmth whereas my SMX only does clean clean clean and an itsy bitsy bit of warm from the valve being on 100% blend.

The TransitB has the dual compressors of the SMX and a bunch of EQ that should surely get you very close to anything you can reasonably slide and dial up on an SMX. Then it has a drive blend section for MOAR.

@TheGreek I would expect you could set the Elf input gain quite low and use the TransitB to get the full Trace tone experience albeit with less wattage out but with overdrive option. Plugging the TransitB up the backside of bigger amps is going to be the full Trace massage.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just bought one of these one here, a real ‘just makes things sound better’ piece of kit. Everything on here is useful, and the way everything interacts makes it incredibly versatile. 

Can also send a line level signal straight into a power amp or effects return so you can have ‘your’ sound if having to use someone else’s rig. Great base for an IEM rig too. GLWTS.

• Like 1

• Davy changed the title to SOLD Trace Elliot Transit B Preamp - Price Drop £235 Posted SOLD