Why become a member? Ɨ

Westone Thunder owners - favour request! šŸ™‚

Shaggy

Hope this is in the right section.....

Ā 

Having recently acquired a lovely Westone Thunder 2 bass on this very forum, Iā€™m looking to source a replacement for the missing truss rod cover. Ā  Unlikely Iā€™ll find an original, particularly as for this particular model itā€™s creme rather than black, but itā€™ll be a straightforward DIY job for me to cut one out of a spare bit of pickguard material. Ā 

However, what I need is an exact template to copy, so Iā€™m wondering if a very kind Thunder owner could please trace an exact outline of theirs by drawing around their TRC, and send me the outline template? Ā 

Not sure if itā€™s feasible to email / PM it as the copy needs to be 1:1, but if posting on a bit of paper Iā€™ll of course cover postage cost. Ā If someone happens to have the guitar rather than the bass, Iā€™m pretty sure the TRC is exactly the same.

Ā 

Thanks guys and gals! šŸ‘

3 hours ago, Rich said:

I'm at work at the moment, but when I get home I'll do the job with my Thunder 1A. I think all the TRCs are the same, apart from wording..?

Ā 

You're a star Rich, thanks so much, and there's absolutely no hurry.Ā :sun_bespectacled:

Yes, as far as I can see all the Thunder range have the same type TRC.Ā  Ā I might get an engraver to get the wording as close to original as poss, as I doubt my skill with a Dremel will cut it...... (boom boom)

Mine should look the same as on this one: Ā  Ā https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Rare-1981-Westone-Thunder-llA-Fixed-Neck-PJ-Bass-Guitar-MIJ-Japan-Case/394324212665?hash=item5bcf8dfbb9:g:jPsAAOSw3LRi6EHM&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAoNI4AK6ewnqUIoVXb1cFy3N+4zWT2c4y9AqhcsjennlX80qWR9KDVdZJvLfzc1MJPrI/TinxyWSoFydsNQO5dJhHlZ/Kx6qAcVtAwV+uoUMOz/uh+nx6MZMiF8hUNggljp0mgd5JBF6BlJjWjwZ/IN5kcUjigDxUTXQWqiwLMxlnwD9MdEacDl/iNFKN5VSIBHcx9fTrO39aeiOR99OR8jc=|tkp:Bk9SR5KLsrKMYQ&pageci=95ec67ea-14d8-4a9f-8331-22e532adb0cc&redirect=mobile

Edited by Shaggy

Repro Guitar Parts in the States do one. I've had a few bits & peices off them before (Ibby Musician trc & Aria SB knobs) and they're excellent quality, fast delivery & reasonable postage.

Ā 

https://reproguitarparts.com/#!/Westone-Thunder-II-Bass-Truss-Rod-Cover/p/356714735/category=1385115

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

Repro Guitar Parts in the States do one. I've had a few bits & peices off them before (Ibby Musician trc & Aria SB knobs) and they're excellent quality, fast delivery & reasonable postage.

Ā 

https://reproguitarparts.com/#!/Westone-Thunder-II-Bass-Truss-Rod-Cover/p/356714735/category=1385115

Ā 

Great, thanks for that Bassassin - what a great site! Ā šŸ‘ Ā I might still try to make my own just because of the colour, but thatā€™s a very good plan B. Ā  They're actually cheaper than the couple of old Thunder TRCā€™s (Thunder Jet and Thunder 1A unfortunately) from Bristol guitars on uk eBay.Ā 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update on this - a very decentĀ bloke called Andy at the Reproguitarparts site that Bassassin kindly pointed me towards (above), has made me a custom truss rod cover, now also listed on the siite: Ā https://reproguitarparts.com/#!/Westone-Thunder-II-Bass-Truss-Rod-Cover-Cream/p/512633017/category=1385115

Ā 

Thereby proving once more (if proof were needed) 1. just what a truly great resource BC is, and 2. if you need something, however obscure, itā€™ll be out there somewhere.....šŸ™‚

• Like 3