Why become a member? ×

Fender Classic Series '50s Precision (2017) Fiesta Red - £580 *TRADE FOR JAZZ BASS* - *SOLD*
£675
Wakefield, West Yorkshire

interpol52

**£580**

My aging hands and wrists are favouring Jazz Bass necks so it is time to move this absolute beauty on.

The best Precision I have ever played without a doubt, and I say this after owning many MIM and MIA Precisions in recent years. Super solid and reasonably light (7.9 lbs) with the classic Precision Bass tone and vintage specs.

Made in Mexico but head and shoulders above the ‘Player’ type MIM basses. Has a serial number beginning MX16 with the Fender site coming back with March 2017 as the year of production. 

·       Alder body with a late 50's "C' shape 1-Piece Maple neck. Gloss Urethane neck finish.

·       1.75" (synthetic bone) nut width, 20 frets and black dots.

·       7.25" fretboard radius

·       4-Saddle American Vintage Bass bridge

·       American Vintage Reverse Open-Gear Bass reverse tuners

·       Vintage-Style Split Single-Coil pickup.

·       1-Ply Gold Anodized Aluminium pickguard

·       Weight – 7.9lbs

These Classic Series basses are what are nowadays called Vintera range I believe.

The pickguard is scratched near the truss rod access and there are a couple of small dents in the body. Nothing serious enough to see the wood! I have tried to photograph these, one near the jack output and one on the edge of the body near the tone knob.

£675 - although ideally I would like a trade for one of the Vintera or Classic series MIM Jazz basses. If you have any other similar basses you would like to trade though just try me!

Located in Ossett, Wakefield about 5 minutes from J40 of the M1.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_1964.JPG

IMG_1966.JPG

IMG_1967.JPG

IMG_1968.JPG

IMG_1969.JPG

IMG_1962_LI.jpg

IMG_1961.JPG

IMG_1956.JPG

IMG_1963.JPG

Edited by interpol52
Additional info
  • Like 6

• interpol52 changed the title to Fender Classic Series '50s Precision (2017) Fiesta Red - £675 *TRADE FOR JAZZ BASS*

I have one of these, bought from a fellow BC member a little while back (maybe a year?).

My favourite colour for a p bass, and definitely my favourite bass yet. Really top notch quality, killer sound and lovely to play.

GLWTS

• Like 1

• interpol52 changed the title to Fender Classic Series '50s Precision (2017) Fiesta Red - £650 *TRADE FOR JAZZ BASS*
  • interpol52 changed the title to Fender Classic Series '50s Precision (2017) Fiesta Red - £580 *TRADE FOR JAZZ BASS*
  • 5 months later...

Wow! This is still here? :o 

I can't reiterate just how good these are. Honestly, mine is my fave P bass ever. The neck is obviously wider than a Jazz - but it's relatively shallow, front-to-back. I'm not a huge fan of chunky necks, and the necks on these really don't feel too chunky. If you're thinking about buying one of these - just go for it, you won't regret it. I've kept mine over several other good P basses, inc US and Roadworn models, and an absolutely stunning early Squier CV, and a JV for that matter.

Edited by Marc S

• interpol52 changed the title to *SOLD* Fender Classic Series '50s Precision (2017) Fiesta Red - £580 *TRADE FOR JAZZ BASS*