Why become a member? ×

NBD - Squier 40th anniversary P bass black and gold

EddHytheTown

Earlier today I took delivery of this beauty! It's the second P bass I've owned. The first I never got along with and sold, but from a few hours playing this afternoon I'm really enjoying this. I took a risk ordering online without trying in a shop but I was keen to give P basses another shot.

It's a comfortable weight (can't tell you exactly how much), balances well on the knee and strap, and the neck dimensions feel nice in the hand. The neck finish is glossy, which is quite different of course to the satin finish I've been playing, but feels nice to get around and not sticky at all. 

I've only played unplugged and through headphones so far, so a rehearsal next week will be the real test. So far so good though, it sounds good and the tone knob offers a decent range. 

It came pretty much set up and ready straight out of the box which was nice. Just a minor truss rod tweak needed, but otherwise the intonation is spot on and the saddle heights work for me.

Pictures of course! There's some rather nice grain on the fretboard, and I'm a big fan of the black and gold with blocks look. 

Edd

IMG_20221104_154307322.jpg

IMG_20221104_120445566.jpg

IMG_20221104_154315978.jpg

IMG_20221104_154402978_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221104_120454612_HDR.jpg

• Like 16