Why become a member? ×

Need a little help on this intro

leschirons

Hi all,

At the moment, I apparently have inflamed sinuses and an inner ear infection.  When I talk, it sounds to me like I have a cardboard box over my head and about 40% hearing ability.

I'm struggling to discern bass notes and the other night, ran through a new number, playing the bass line a semitone out over the whole song😂

Anyway, the song (link below) Together again by Dave Koz, I've played for ages now but this live version I found with Cory Wong has an intro that I need to sort. Just the first 8 notes before the song starts.

What I've got, is Eb  C   B  Eb(octave lower)   Bb  G  F#  F  but I've no idea if it's correct and can't see what the bass player is doing on the video. Most of these notes just sound like a low rumble to me at the moment.

So, if anyone knows this version or can just confirm or correct what I "think" they are, I'd be grateful.

Essentially, it's just a descending scale, as you say, although he jumps up an octave part way through when he runs out of notes on the B string. What are you listening on? If using the speaker on your computer, it may not be clear, but it's easy to discern on a decent pair of headphones.

1 hour ago, Dan Dare said:

Essentially, it's just a descending scale, as you say, although he jumps up an octave part way through when he runs out of notes on the B string. What are you listening on? If using the speaker on your computer, it may not be clear, but it's easy to discern on a decent pair of headphones.

Tried on my Bose phones and the Mackie monitors. It's all just a mush in my ears at the moment. May be best to sort it when all these hearing problems are hopefully sorted.

Edited by leschirons

29 minutes ago, leschirons said:

Maybe best to sort it when all these hearing problems are hopefully sorted.

I reckon so. I've had similar issues in the past with sinus/inner ear infections and they're a bugger. They seem to affect low frequency perception particularly badly. Get well soon.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, FDC484950 said:

Here you go. He's tuned the bass down a half step (lowest bass note is a Bb), which may account for the confusion. So the bass is Eb, Db, Cb (or B), Bb then up to A, G, Gb and finally F.

828327037_TogetherAgain.png.9681eaa9a1fbec5ad31984f52e5456dd.png

Thank you so much. It hadn't even occurred to me he was detuned leaving aside my hearing problems.

Much appreciated.

Thank you.

• Like 1