Why become a member? ×

Is it possible to lock a thread so comments cannot be added (I'm seeking PM feedback)

SamIAm

Question

5 answers to this question

Not generally how it is done, you can remind people you are seeking PM feedback, but once a thread is out in the wild it is kind of owned by everyone, so unless it goes the way of.. oh I don't know, every other thread at the moment with just two blokes arguing, they don't really get locked!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Not generally how it is done, you can remind people you are seeking PM feedback, but once a thread is out in the wild it is kind of owned by everyone, so unless it goes the way of.. oh I don't know, every other thread at the moment with just two blokes arguing, they don't really get locked!

But the "Wanted" threads get locked with PM feedback only so it seems technically possible

30 minutes ago, Smanth said:

But the "Wanted" threads get locked with PM feedback only so it seems technically possible

I wasn't refering to what is technically possible, obviously all threads can become locked if necessary.

The wanted threads are different in that the whole forum is set up to not be replyable. And the downside of this is that any thread that you can't reply to can't get bumped so it was very quickly dissapear off the first few pages of the forum, so after a few days, the chances of anyone seeing it are pretty close to none - wanted is ok like that as people know what they are searching for, but for a normal thread it isn't really going to be seen unless someone does a search, and that only normally happens through google 10 years after the last post!

This is of course just my opinion here, and if you want it locked then you can report your post and say what you want, then the mods can discuss it and see if it is something they wanted to do - I am not a mod so don't really have that much of a say (I am an admin, here to fix it when it breaks)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1