Why become a member? ×

Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Fretless

lateralus462

Right - this has got to go as I'm not using it at all - I've not had it that long and it's in pretty much perfect nick but unfortunately it's not getting played that much. I have added a scratchplate but that can be removed easily enough to get that poroper Jaco look.

Currently strung with Rotosound flats, but I can always chuck some rounds on. Great sounding and playing bass for the money and I wish I could justify keeping it. I guess £160 would be a fair price. I would prefer collection or I can deliver within a reasonable distance of Reading/Oxford for petrol money - postage could be difficult as I've only got a padded gig bag for it at the moment!

Apologies for the quality of the pics - my phone camera's rubbish

Edited by lateralus462

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

haven't bumped this for a while - price drop to £160 though no longer with a hard case (it's being used for one of my other basses - I will include a padded gig bag though!)

Trades for interesting FX or maybe a Guitar (the skinny string kind) or guitar related stuff considered. Although I would prefer to swap it for cold hard cash!

[quote name='lateralus462' post='634398' date='Oct 23 2009, 01:03 PM']haven't bumped this for a while - price drop to £160 though no longer with a hard case (it's being used for one of my other basses - I will include a padded gig bag though!)

Trades for interesting FX or maybe a Guitar (the skinny string kind) or guitar related stuff considered. Although I would prefer to swap it for cold hard cash![/quote]

Hi mate
Are the dots on the side of the neck (i.e. on top when you play it) in line with the fretlines or between them? If the former consider me interested
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='634406' date='Oct 23 2009, 01:14 PM']Hi mate
Are the dots on the side of the neck (i.e. on top when you play it) in line with the fretlines or between them? If the former consider me interested
Chris[/quote]

I honestly can't remember - I'll check when I get home this evening and let you know.

[quote name='Beedster' post='634406' date='Oct 23 2009, 01:14 PM']Hi mate
Chris[/quote]

Oh dear........check the last picture carefully! Bummer!

Having swapped my JD fretless for a Status 5 I'm bloody gassing for another fretless. The fretless thread has got me going on this. Only 3-4 songs in my bands set for it but......if by any chance this is around next month I may have a shot.
Good luck with the sale......oh and.................BUMP!

[quote name='lateralus462' post='635277' date='Oct 24 2009, 01:49 PM']Just about to reply to you and noticed that in the picture as well- still a great bass even if the dots are between the fret lines (suppose that's kind of in keeping with the jaco vibe of the whole Jaco thing though!)[/quote]

Yep, it's kinda traditional, but makes it bloody hard to get things right if you're used toi working from the dots on unlined fretless :)

Great bass and a great price, sure it won't be around long mate

Chris

[quote name='lateralus462' post='634398' date='Oct 23 2009, 12:03 PM']Trades for interesting FX or maybe a Guitar (the skinny string kind) or guitar related stuff considered.[/quote]
Any particular guitar or type of guitar in mind? I have a rather gorgeous double-cut LP type thing that's looking for someone who can/will play it:

[attachment=35289:blueguitar.jpg]

If that sort of thing would interest you, give me a shout & I'll get better pics & stuff.

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='639217' date='Oct 28 2009, 04:44 PM']Any particular guitar or type of guitar in mind? I have a rather gorgeous double-cut LP type thing that's looking for someone who can/will play it:

[attachment=35289:blueguitar.jpg]

If that sort of thing would interest you, give me a shout & I'll get better pics & stuff.

Jon.[/quote]

I'm open to anything really - what guitar is that? It looks pretty.

[quote name='lateralus462' post='639228' date='Oct 28 2009, 04:54 PM']I'm open to anything really - what guitar is that? It looks pretty.[/quote]
It's a bit of a oddity - it's one of these mystery no-brand things. I bought it off a guy I know locally, one of these people who doesn't seem to keep an instrument more than a few months - unsurprisingly, he couldn't tell me anything much about it!

It's solid mahogany, set neck, flat flamey maple top, unbranded but nice quality hardware etc. I've been trying for ages to work out what it is - but basically the body shape & control layout are the same as a Hamer Sunburst, and the headstock's the identical shape to the standard Washburn 6-a-side. It's possible it's a Washburn model from a few years back but I've not been able to find any info to ID it. All it has is a "Made In Korea" sticker on the back of the headstock - if it wasn't for that I'd almost be tempted to think it was a custom job.

It's in great condition - no chips or dents or scratches, but it's a few years old I think - it was pretty grimy when I got it, and the gold finish is sort of faded-looking on the pups & bridge etc. There was also a bit of light fretwear, I gave it a complete cleanup, plus fret level & crown, and it plays beautifully & looks pretty much like new.

I'll sort out some decent pics later on & you can see what you think.

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='640931' date='Oct 30 2009, 11:46 AM']Can I be the first to say: Arse! I really fancied that!

Anyway, nice one & about time someone bought it, especially at that price.

Now, want to buy my guitar? :)

J.[/quote]

I would love to but I can't - unfortunately the money is going towards some unexpected bills and my daughters birthday.