Why become a member? ×

Seems to be sorted! - Getting a bass from North Norfolk to Brighton?

SamIAm

Dear BCers.

There is a bass in North Norfolk ... that needs to end up in Brighton.  It's a jumbo acoustic instrument so courier costs are ... well ... a bit insane!

I wonder if any kind folks might be able to assist, I would be so very grateful!

A relay from point to point to point would work.

I'm Brighton based but can drive up to M25 area, but Norfolk is out of range for my wee mini.

S'manth xx

Edited by Smanth

2 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

If it can be got to near me (Hemel Hempstead, J8 on M1) I’m happy to drive it to Cobham Services on M25 (between Junctions 10 & 9).

Thank you Lozz, so very kind!

Cobham services was my "almost home" point when I lived in Walton on Thames for many years!

I'm attending the Bass Bash in Addlestone on Oct 23rd, so if we can get the bass to you before then ... and we could meet that morning, it would be amazing!

Journey so far (Green sorted)

1558983084_CleanShot2022-10-06at23_28_10.thumb.png.76e10676a225ada7ecaafa62cbdf974a.png

S'manth xx

• Like 1

Hi, I'm in Norfolk, about 35 mins from Fakenham, and have a 40th family birthday party to attend on the 28th Oct in East Grinstead if that helps.

(With a stop off in Brentwood on the way for an hour)

Edited by leschirons
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, leschirons said:

Hi, I'm in Norfolk, about 35 mins from Fakenham, and have a 40th family birthday party to attend on the 28th Oct in East Grinstead if that helps.

(With a stop off in Brentwood on the way for an hour)

Oh @leschirons, that would be perfect!!!!

I'm not on duty on the 28th so I can drive travel up to meet you in or near E. Grinstead (Whichever you prefer)

S'manth xxx

31 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

Fakenham! I used to live near there!

/random aside

I do love these gear relays though.

Nods vigorously!

I cannot say how wonderful it is to be part of the BC family.

Folks her are so amazing, good eggs as my uncle used to say!

S'manth xx

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, barkin said:

Seems like you might have this covered, however... if it can get to Cambridge - ish, I can get it to Lozz from there. 

Thank you @barkin, it seems that I do have it covered thanks to the lovely @leschirons who is fairly close to the origin point and is visiting down South in a location I can easily meet him at!

S'manth xxx

• Like 1

• SamIAm changed the title to Seems to be sorted! - Getting a bass from North Norfolk to Brighton?