Why become a member? ×

1983 Squier JV PB-57 Precision - *SOLD*
£1200
Lichfield, Staffs

Shepster8316

1983 Squier JV PB-57 Precision (apparently).  Time to thin the herd a bit and seeing as I have a 79 Precision that is identical in looks and sound...... there can be only one.  Plus, I'm not sure if the weight enthusiasts would be keen on the 79 Precision 🙂  This one weighs in at 4.2kg (9.3lb).

I've taken a best guess on a price from looking at others on here that have sold, both ones still as original and ones that have been tinkered with, so forgive me if I'm off the mark.  I'm open to sensible offers though.

Plays a treat and I can't tell any difference to the 79 Precision other than it's much lighter.

As far as I know it's all original, except for possibly the scratchplate..... no additional pickups, patina (rust, peeled off, faded etc) on the chrome, original pickup with the raised poles on A, original wiring etc..... see pics.  If I did ever replace the scratchplate I'll have a root about for what was on it.  Obviously for an almost 40 year old bass it has a few marks but all are light.  Can't really highlight any as they're all very minor and in the lacquer except for a mark near the bridge and one on the belly contour.  The neck has no dints on the back either.

In great condition for a 39 year old bass, frets are excellent, truss rod works, no crackles on the electrics, bridge grub screws are free etc.  Pots are stiffer to turn than my 79 but no crackling and still smooth operation.

Can be supplied with either a Fender gig-bag or a non-branded hardcase.

Would rather any collection, but happy to drop off if local-ish or halfway meet if not too far...... but also happy to post.

I'm bound to have forgotten something, so just ask.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg