Why become a member? ×

Family amp pic

msb

With a recent arrival I thought it might be a good time to get a group shot. Mostly Class D heads these days , I have Ampeg , Bergantino and Phil Jones cabs.
92EA9D7B-51DD-43B5-95D4-13D207B9BB33.thumb.jpeg.1eab291d70381e88d7118d7f36f31d46.jpeg

Genz Benz Streamliner 900 , a powerhouse with a tube preamp , overhauled a while back by Andy Field , it’s like a brand new amp. Bergantino Forte , clean transparent , but with some serious slam , my main gig amp , SWR Headlite fairly recent addition and has a surprising number of features packed in a small box, Darkglass Exponent , wild little thing you can program with a tablet , GK MB200 great little practice amp , and a Hotone Thunderbass , I use as a headphone amp. 
Missing , my ancient little GK MB150 combo. Originally bought for upright , became a favourite practice , studio , rehearsal amp. Now mostly grab and go for rehearsals. 
I’m a bit of an amp nerd , and there’s a bunch I’d love to try out that we never see around here , most of the local stores stock the same stuff.  

Edited by msb
  • Like 6

They’re all very different amps. Missing Aguilar and Mesa , but that could change. And there’s a bunch of British and European amps that we rarely see out here that I’d love to try. 
Amp design has come such a long way in the last twenty years , now there’s some old school tube heads that don’t care for Class D , and I totally respect that opinion , but for my needs they do the job beautifully. 
I love them! 

We spend much of our time looking after my mother in law , she was lucky and had power restored the next afternoon. We just got power back at our place last night. One large branch fell on our shed, it’s been removed and we’re just chunking it now , fortunately our freezer had little in it as we mostly eat at the in-laws. It’s been cleaned out. 
We had a twelve hour storm , a lot of trees were down , most of the province lost power , but it was the North Eastern section of NS that bore the brunt of it. We were the lucky ones this time. 
Just the usual cleanup to finish up now. Extreme weather is no fun. And is happening more frequently. When Juan hit , we got a direct hit and lost twenty trees in our back yard. It was a mess. So this one’s easy.

• Like 2

There’s still many in Halifax without , some intersection lights are still dark , but as you go North the devastation increases , it will be a while before we see normal again.
But we are among the lucky with power and no real damage.

• Like 2