Why become a member? ×

For Sale - ACG Mule chambered fretless 30.5” scale REDUCED £1350 - *SOLD*
£1600
Horley, Surrey

Merton

I bought this on a pretty crazy whim earlier in the summer when I convinced myself I needed a 4 string fretless. I don’t, not in any of my current bands. It has been used at precisely three rehearsals and one gig (for one song…).

Alan originally had it installed with a P Retro but I’m a fan of passive basses so he changed this out to volume, tone and pickup coil select (ceramic / both in parallel / both in series / alnico). The battery compartment is still there should you wish to change it back.

It is a lovely, lovely bass. Super lightweight, sounds amazing. I just don’t need it and have to be sensible as we head into winter, sorting out the credit card bills before the heating kicks in…

The specs:

Chambered alder body

Stripy ebony top with black binding

Maple/mahogany neck

Ebony fingerboard with pear wood fretlines

30.5” scale

ACG BZ1 pickup

Passive with vol/tone/pickup coil select (edit - the switch was active/passive when the P Retro was installed; now it’s a kill switch)

Hipshot type A bridge

Gotoh resolute tuners

Dunlop straplocks

Neutrik locking jack socket

Strung with La Bella tapewounds

TGI gigbag

More photos from Alan’s website:

https://acguitars.co.uk/project/0438mule4-30-5/

Price wise, commissioning one of these would set you back somewhere in the region of £2.5k I believe; I think a fair price delivered to mainland UK is £1600. Can’t deliver further afield due to that thing we do not name.

Not looking for trades at this point thanks.

REDUCED TO £1450/£1400 collected

6E94EC0B-0193-4781-96B7-80F3ECA0CC3D.jpeg

2DB5BDF7-05BC-4EB6-8B83-C2CE51C2AB84.jpeg

7897AB7E-4F68-4A26-930A-55F833DB3720.jpeg

63736412-3CD3-44A4-BCE7-C69BBE35C8A4.jpeg

08CE01E0-3485-4240-817F-E9A4FFB4F66A.jpeg

6766D300-5687-4997-A0AE-62584CB1BC2C.jpeg

Edited by Merton
More info
  • Like 7

Oh @Merton, that is a thing of absolute beauty! Shortscale and fretless OMG … rocking horse sh!t springs to mind!!

The lack of a fifth string would not stop me snapping it up in an instant; However it would take me about 1,500 hours of work to pay for such a treasure …

I really hope you find a good home for her!

S’manth xx

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Merton changed the title to For Sale - ACG Mule chambered fretless 30.5” scale REDUCED £1500
  • Merton changed the title to For Sale - ACG Mule chambered fretless 30.5” scale REDUCED £1450
  • 1 month later...

Well my wife’s car has decided that this is the right time of year to have a major issue. And of course muggins here gets to pay for that…

So, for the Christmas period* only this is £1350 delivered to mainland UK

*(now til 6th Jan)

• Merton changed the title to For Sale - ACG Mule chambered fretless 30.5” scale REDUCED £1350

Hello!

The P-Retro was swapped out by Alan before I bought the bass, but I'm sure he would have one you could buy to put back in if you so desired.

The coil positions on the BZ1 are:

ceramic single coil -> ceramic and alnico parallel -> ceramic and alnico series -> alnico single coil.

I did a little video to show the differences, albeit with a different bass - will find it and link it :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Merton changed the title to SOLD - ACG Mule chambered fretless 30.5” scale REDUCED £1350