Why become a member? ×

Anyone using Goran Grooves virtual drums?

Beedster

39 minutes ago, Beedster said:

...just wants the virtual equivalent of a simple old school drum machine albeit with more authentic sounds?

Have you had a look at this (Monster Drums...)..? A free Vst plug-in that, I'd say with confidence, rivalises any of the same category. Easy to use, sounds more than 'fine', plenty of variants, and at an unbeatable cost (it's free...). Don't be fooled; it's free, but isn't 'cheap'. It's inexpensive, but sounds better than many costing... well, $250 for a 'Producer's Suite', for instance. Worth a look..?

Monster Drums ...

Disclaimer : I'm a drummer. I use expensive drum plug-ins, but also Monster Drums, as they're very good. :friends:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Have you had a look at this (Monster Drums...)..? A free Vst plug-in that, I'd say with confidence, rivalises any of the same category. Easy to use, sounds more than 'fine', plenty of variants, and at an unbeatable cost (it's free...). Don't be fooled; it's free, but isn't 'cheap'. It's inexpensive, but sounds better than many costing... well, $250 for a 'Producer's Suite', for instance. Worth a look..?

Monster Drums ...

Disclaimer : I'm a drummer. I use expensive drum plug-ins, but also Monster Drums, as they're very good. :friends:

I'm not sure if you have seen this nice little freebie below?... 'Liquid Death Snare'.

It's a VST3 Plugin, not a Kontakt Library.

A walk through video is down the bottom of the product page. It's worth having a look at and it might be of interest.

Link:

Liquid Death™ Snare – Purafied Audio

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lowdown said:

.... 'Liquid Death Snare'....

Downloaded, installed, library paths declared, registered... All fine except that it's dumb..! I can't get a sound out of it. I can't complain for the price, and it must be something stupid I've overlooked, but no judgement on its sonic qualities from me until it actually plays something. I have the interface, and can 'strike' the drum head, but no sound. I can trigger it through MIDI in Reaper, but no sound. Odd..? Yes.

There is an error message when I launch it, telling me that 'The buffer size of 49 is not supported, Use a multiple of 8.', which may be responsible, but I have no idea where it gets the strange figure of '49' from. I've looked all through Reaper for any such mention; there is none, nothing with a '49' anywhere. Sorcery, I say; sorcery. :( I've sent the fellow an email, asking for advice and/or clarification; we'll see what becomes of it.

Edited by Dad3353

8 hours ago, lowdown said:

... 'Liquid Death Snare'...

Update : Reply from Sam Pura, CEO, saying that this issue has been reported, but they're not yet sure why it occurs (they are on Mac's, mostly...). As a work-around, he suggested that setting Reaper's sample rate to 48000 should work. I did this, and, sure enough, it now rings out, clear as a bell..! What effect this may have on existing projects, with other sample rates, I don't know, but this snare now sounds, and sounds fine. Very detailed, with a wealth of presets for me to wade through; I'm not sure yet how it will fit in with my compositions, but it certainly has a quality sound.
Thanks, then, for the 'heads up'; hoping there'll be an evolution rendering messing about redundant; in the meantime, I've a lot of snare stuff to listen to, now. Cheers. :friends:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Update : Reply from Sam Pura, CEO, saying that this issue has been reported, but they're not yet sure why it occurs (they are on Mac's, mostly...). As a work-around, he suggested that setting Reaper's sample rate to 48000 should work. I did this, and, sure enough, it now rings out, clear as a bell..! What effect this may have on existing projects, with other sample rates, I don't know, but this snare now sounds, and sounds fine. Very detailed, with a wealth of presets for me to wade through; I'm not sure yet how it will fit in with my compositions, but it certainly has a quality sound.
Thanks, then, for the 'heads up'; hoping there'll be an evolution rendering messing about redundant; in the meantime, I've a lot of snare stuff to listen to, now. Cheers. :friends:

Ah, right, that makes sense as to why I didn't have a problem. My Interface and DAW are set at 48000 all the time. 

• Thanks 1