Why become a member? ×

John Taylor Signature Dingwall Combustion

Napalmnun

11 minutes ago, pierreganseman said:

each European dealer got two ....

so go for it if you feel like it 

once gone ... they're gone 

I was lucky and got my hands on one during the dingwall preorder so I’m all set 🤘

Do you know how many of the 82 went to dealers then? I’m just very curious as to how many were actually available for the first preorder 

• Like 1

On 19/04/2023 at 09:03, krd said:

I was lucky and got my hands on one during the dingwall preorder so I’m all set 🤘

Do you know how many of the 82 went to dealers then? I’m just very curious as to how many were actually available for the first preorder 

what I can tell you is that 30 went to Europe 

10 to Bass direct apparently 

I know Dingwall sold a few direct - sold out in minutes .......

rest for North America I guess 

1 minute ago, markbunney said:

Another European dealer has one for sale 

https://reverb.com/uk/item/68218707-dingwall-jt3-john-taylor-ltd-2023-rio-dream-pre-order

quite a difference in price compared to the UK sale price.

am holding out for a UK based one appearing for sale

That's wild.  Is the exchange rate that bad? £3k for a combustion is just nuts.  Proper Canadian Dingwalls were a good deal less than that in the not too distance past...

11 minutes ago, Kev said:

That's wild.  Is the exchange rate that bad? £3k for a combustion is just nuts.  Proper Canadian Dingwalls were a good deal less than that in the not too distance past...

I think it’s a combination of the exchange rate and them adding some to the price. They don’t seem to be listed as an official dealer on the Dingwall website.

the one listed on Reverb earlier in the week was from an official dealer in Netherlands, and that was working out around £2,800. The Reverb price said £2,440 but I don’t think it was fully accounting for exchange rate and VAT.

I was hesitant in buying something of this value from outside of the UK. If there was ever an issue I could imagine it being a right pain to send it back.

7 minutes ago, markbunney said:

I saw this on the FB page. I don’t like the green on the headstocks as much

52EB52D1-D458-4371-80A5-9A5180F1E287.jpeg

The red is certainly the highlight of the range, don't mind the black one though.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kev said:

Not a bad shout really, they Chinese basses do seem to be going up in price more than the Canadian, relatively speaking?

I'm not sure to be honest - I just suppose demand is far higher on import 

I do think that Canadian are 10 galaxy further up from import - so if one is able to afford them I'd highly recommend them 

absolutely world class 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, pierreganseman said:

I'm not sure to be honest - I just suppose demand is far higher on import 

I do think that Canadian are 10 galaxy further up from import - so if one is able to afford them I'd highly recommend them 

absolutely world class 

Totally agree!

The trade off for the chinese models seemed good value when they were introduced at £1k or so, but now that they're getting to £2.5k (the price of an AB1 the last time I bought one in the not so distant past), I don't know anymore.  There are a LOT of basses out there you can get with that kind of money.

8 hours ago, Kev said:

Totally agree!

The trade off for the chinese models seemed good value when they were introduced at £1k or so, but now that they're getting to £2.5k (the price of an AB1 the last time I bought one in the not so distant past), I don't know anymore.  There are a LOT of basses out there you can get with that kind of money.

absolutely agree - you can get so so so so many things for such prices. 

now you cannot much if at all with their custom shop for less than 3,5 3,8k (I'm speaking in euro) but hey .... they have 2 and a half year waiting list officially (so probably closer to 3 year) so what can I say 🙂 

If you're worried about having your OCD nerve twanged, then for gawd's sake don't look up at the pointy end.

The angle between the nut and stem of the "R" - and the fact that they've chosen to position the slab-serifed "R" so that it looks more like a "B" - will be playing that OCD nerve like a Ranjo string.

Anyway, I didn't buy mine for the album cover similarities or the parallelism of the racing stripes, I've bought it because it's a Dingwall with an ebony board and an unusual cranberry finish 😜

And the trading card, obv. :D

[Edit: I should point out that JT was my first bass hero, Duran posters adorned all available bedroom wall space. So that's the non-material reason for getting one. I honestly don't care about the RN preamp, mind. ]

Edited by simisker
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

You’re quite right and I don’t think they’re supposed to be as per the album cover.

The stripes also bend on the cover, which is why they aren’t straight on the bass

• Like 2