Why become a member? ×

Hartke hd112 vs Aguilar SL 112

nilorius

18 minutes ago, nilorius said:

Maybe i am a bit stupid, but ther's one more question about HD112. If i use them with tone hammer 500, how much ohm is the right on bouth hd112 - 4 or 8 ?

If you daisy-chain them from one output, it'll be 4ohms. 

The Tonehammer 500 has two outputs, I'm not sure how the head handles things if you took an output to each cabinet - so for instance, if you fed an 8ohm enclosure from each one does this load go down to 4ohms ('maximum load').  Don't know.

1 hour ago, nilorius said:

Maybe i am a bit stupid, but ther's one more question about HD112. If i use them with tone hammer 500, how much ohm is the right on bouth hd112 - 4 or 8 ?

Set each switch to 8 ohms when you daisy chain them and the resulting load at the amp will be 4 ohms.

1 minute ago, nilorius said:

Tone hammer500 has separate output for each cabinet so i guess it's not daisy chain.

The two outputs on the amplifier are wired together in parallel, it doesn't matter if you cable as a daisy chain or to each cabinet separately, the internal loading on the amplifier will still be the same :) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dood said:

The two outputs on the amplifier are wired together in parallel, it doesn't matter if you cable as a daisy chain or to each cabinet separately, the internal loading on the amplifier will still be the same :) 

Thanks! That was the way i did all the time, so i was right.