Why become a member? ×

Hello

Ralf1e

My name is Ralph. I play in a Loud Gospel church in Oxford.

I have quite a few basses including Spector built in Check Republic, Shecter ff studio 5,

3 x Mitsumoco Westones 2 x Spectrum LX's with 2 interchangeable necks fretted and fretless and one Thunder 3.

A 5 string G&L Legacy 2000, 2x4 string G&L legacy 2000

Ibanez ff 5 string with black/grey stain body.

5 string ubass not usa made

Ubass rumbler 4 string

Lots of other stuff including guitars and mostly valve amps etc

I play through a Peavey mini mega into Peavey 4x10 and 2x10 cabs. Had a mk 6 but sold it to move home. It was too big to take. Gutted!

I am 69 started playing at about 13 on a jumbo 6 string acoustic.

Went astray numerous times due to lifes fun and games jelous wife etc and laziness. List of regrets is massive.

Thats me! 

Word of wisdom

Never let anyone stand a glass of beer on top of your valve amp i.e. Marshall etc

The inevitable bang when some idiot knocks it over is very expensive unkess you filthy rich lol

Edited by Ralf1e
Added humour
  • Like 1

Hi Ralph, Welcome aboard!

:crigon_04:

Loud gospel is good 👍. I play in a Baptist church and there are a lot of church bassists here, quite a few hanging out on the Playing in Church thread. (Which BTW also doubles as a "safe space" when you occasionally want to moan about the WL/Drummer/choice of songs, but know it's not really important in the grand scheme of things and don't want to bore your significant other, again 😁.)

• Like 2