Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Ashdown CTM100 valve amp £525 ono.
£525
Potton, Central East Bedfordshire

silverfoxnik

Hi Folks, 

Over the last year or so, I've pretty much settled on using Mesa Boogie amps for my live work, and am using my Handbox R400 for recording. 

Which means that this lovely all-valve Ashdown CTM100 is just not being used, so I've decided to put it up here for sale at £525 or near offer. 

Currently, they're about £1200/£1300 new at places like PMT.. And they seem go for around the £800 mark on FleaBay, so I'm hoping this is a fair price for the Basschat community.

So, to the amp itself...

Bought s/h 2 years ago just after the first Lockdown, it's in very good working order, good external condition, sounds fantastic and is so tonally versatile that it puts a lot of solid-state amps I've used over the years to shame.. 

Sound

It literally goes from that old-school Motown thump to out and out punchy, punky distortion with the twist of a few dials. 

And in terms of volume for gigging, IMO, it's 100 valve watts are more than capable of holding their own for pub gigs. It also runs happily at either 2, 4 or 8 ohms btw which means you can run a number of different cab combinations to suit your needs and your available gear. 

Tech spec etc

Here's a link to the Ashdown website which has all the info you would need about the CTM100 and it's big brother, the CTM300:

https://ashdownmusic.com/products/copy-of-ctm-300-head

Weighs in at about 18kg which is a pretty easy carry for an all-valve head. 

I've included a screenshot of the tech spec in with the photos, but for any valve fetishists out there, just to sat that it has 3 pre-amp valves and two very nice KT88 output valves that light up and look pretty at night during gigs... 😁

Trades

The only things I'd be interested in as far as trades go would be either:

a) a decent quality 2x12, 4 ohm cab, or

b) similar quality pair of 1x12, 8 ohm cabs. 

(with price adjustments where necessary of course). 

Being a valve amp, I'd prefer not to ship this for obvious reasons. So, it's collection only or a meet up within 50 miles of Potton, Central Bedfordshire. 

Very happy for anyone interested to come and check it out in person of course, where it can be tried through the Vanderkley 1156 cab that is shown in the pictures. Obligatory tea/coffee /biscuits supplied as per Basschat t&cs... 

I'll post some more pictures of the amp later. 

Any questions, please ask here or send me a PM. 

Thanks for looking... 👍😊

Cheers 

Nik

IMG_20220319_135327.jpg

IMG_20220319_135352.jpg

IMG_20220319_135400.jpg

Screenshot_20220810_112231_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220810_112942_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 10