Why become a member? ×

Buying New Fenders In 2022 - Where & How To Try Them?

BenTunnicliffe

Absolute Music in Bournemouth usually have a good selection although a long trek from home for you. . https://www.absolutemusic.co.uk/search.php?search_query=precision+bass&section=content  Just ring ahead to make sure they are on demo. They will get them out of the warehouse if you ask.

Edited by Chienmortbb

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone,

Following from the great advice on here IE that there are plenty of great modern Fenders out there but that it can be tiresome buying blind I did have a proper hunt around the country to try some out.

My local shops were completely empty handed, the large chains could only pool their P Basses from across the country if I put a deposit on each individual bass so I was eventually left in a situation where I was trying to find a shop in the UK that had a measly 2 or more P's that were in the Player series or above. I eventually spoke to the folks at Andertons in Guildford who coincidentally had the cab I was after in stock second hand (bargain!) so I went to them to try out what they had in stock.

I am now the proud owner of an American Original 50s P in two tone sunburst with a maple neck and it's already served me really well through Summer's second half. 

Thanks for the input, we did it!

• Like 4

17 hours ago, BenTunnicliffe said:

Hello everyone,

Following from the great advice on here IE that there are plenty of great modern Fenders out there but that it can be tiresome buying blind I did have a proper hunt around the country to try some out.

My local shops were completely empty handed, the large chains could only pool their P Basses from across the country if I put a deposit on each individual bass so I was eventually left in a situation where I was trying to find a shop in the UK that had a measly 2 or more P's that were in the Player series or above. I eventually spoke to the folks at Andertons in Guildford who coincidentally had the cab I was after in stock second hand (bargain!) so I went to them to try out what they had in stock.

I am now the proud owner of an American Original 50s P in two tone sunburst with a maple neck and it's already served me really well through Summer's second half. 

Thanks for the input, we did it!

Pics?? 😉

• Like 1