Why become a member? ×

Markbass cab stand too steep

lownote

I am using a Markbass folding stand with a BF 210 (in portrait mode).   The stand seems to offer way too steep an angle.  If fully under the cab it tips it so far back it is unstable and certainly my amp will fall off, even with sticky mat. Is there something I'm missing here? I can't see any way to assemble the stand at a shallower angle.  The only other option is to stick the stand only partly under the cab.  Which is fine but leaves much of the stand sticking out, perfectly setup for me or someone else to trip over.  

Edited by lownote

• lownote changed the title to Markbass cab stand too steep
On 02/07/2022 at 16:24, lownote said:

I am using a Markbass folding stand with a BF 210 (in portrait mode).   The stand seems to offer way too steep an angle.  If fully under the cab it tips it so far back it is unstable and certainly my amp will fall off, even with sticky mat. Is there something I'm missing here? I can't see any way to assemble the stand at a shallower angle.  The only other option is to stick the stand only partly under the cab.  Which is fine but leaves much of the stand sticking out, perfectly setup for me or someone else to trip over.  

I have one and it works fine if you set it up right (which can be a faff!) - but you need the Velcro stuck to the cab bottom, which holds it in place. 

I’m assuming the BF cab is Tolex?

15 minutes ago, Jakester said:

I have one and it works fine if you set it up right (which can be a faff!) - but you need the Velcro stuck to the cab bottom, which holds it in place. 

I’m assuming the BF cab is Tolex?

Yup. That's what I'm after - advice on how to set it up

28 minutes ago, Jakester said:

But if the cab doesn’t have carpet, the Velcro won’t work?

I do see your point. But at the moment my BF is successfully supported-ish because the 'foot spikes' of the stand have traction on the floor, and the rubber feet of the cab stop it sliding off the stand. My problem is not to get the cab to tilt back on the stand, but that the stand angle is way to steep - at least the way I have it setup, which may be wrong. But I can't see there are that many different ways of folding a triangle of plywood and velcro/cloth.  But then I always failed those tests for being an army officer armed only with, well, a triangle of plywood strips and cloth.

_72A2741x.jpg

ramp.jpg

Edited by lownote